[Archive] Lothar Bubonicus and his chaos Dwarfs?

Arashi:

yeah, I was looking through some really old stuff in my computer, and got surprised when I found this. I have no idea about where I found it, but I haven’t seen it around anywhere else.

So yeah, there are a few “Nurglesque Chaos Dwarfs” in there. I guess this is from 3rd ed., maybe? Does anyone know anything about this warband? I guess we have something to add to the wiki there.

clam:

Yes they are 3rd ed. Chaos Warbands. Lothar Bubonicus turned to Father Nugle and became champion after pleauge destroyed his village. He later achieved daemonhood. Skaven, Ogre and other evils were part of his warband - and apparently some Chaos Dwarfs. Rember reading about him in old WDs - but didn’t rember his CD companions. This pic must be from one of those WDs. (after a seach at GameHobby.net it must be 124 or 129). Sadly I don’t own that issue any longer, so can’t help you any futher.

cornixt:

Lothar and his palanquin are still available from GW

hal:

I love that palanquin model.

Arashi:

Interesting. Thank you clam (and cornixt) for the information.

Pyro Stick:

rrr ive been trying to get that palanquin for ages. The version with the sorceror guy or whatever it is. Could be a monk.

Xander:

This is awesome stuff! Thanks for posting it. :slight_smile:

hal:

The palaquin is available from GW’s online store, I’d say it’s pricey though.

clam:

Yes! You can - it’s really a collectors model indeed. Here is a easy cut to the Palanquin

wallacer:

�18.00 actually is a pretty reasonable price by GW standards. I can only imagine what it would go for on eBay if it wasn’t still available in the Classics range.

Pyro Stick:

It actually goes for less than �18 on ebay. I have bid on about 5 and they never go for more than �18

hal:

I hate to bring up this old (ish) topic but I was recently given about 15 years worth of white dwarfs and I found this guy in issue 124.

If someone wants me to write it up I’d be more than happy, I don’t know about copyright etc though.

cornixt:

What is the oldest WD you have? There’s a few ancient articles I’d like to get confirmed where they are and what they are about.

Arashi:

It would be really interesting Hal. And other things have already been quoted on this forum, so there shouldn’t be any problems.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I actually bought the Palanquin some 8 years ago or so for my Nurgle Chaos Marines Army. Turned out all the riders were included - a daemon guy, a hooded one and the one shown in the picture with a whip. I think they probably still sell the palanquin like that.

hal:

What is the oldest WD you have?
I think it starts at WD 101, I'm not too sure as I haven't given it a proper look yet.
I think they probably still sell the palanquin like that.
They do, clam has posted a link in one of the posts above.[/align]

Traitor King:

Look at the compenents for the Palanquin on the GW store, why is there a guy with a shuritken catupult??!!?!?

hal:

why is there a guy with a shuritken catupult??!!?!?
Because 40k and Fantasy used to be closely linked, you could get all sorts of upgrades "from the gods" like grenades, bolters etc (it was only for chaos as far as I'm aware).