[Archive] LRP - Out of Curiosity

nitroglysarine:

I’m a larper (Live Action Role Play - Doer)

Any more of us around on the CD Forums, just curious

I Co-run a high fantasy lrp in Aberystwyth.

Malorn:

I play in Denmark, but here one can really see LARP dying with the interest of LOTR dying as well, we used to be 1000+ on a usual sommerday, now we are down to 200-300. Its pretty sad…

nitroglysarine:

i run a system that has about 35 on a good day, but we do run twice a week, seven months of the year!

cornixt:

I used to do it at university, there were 30 on a good day.

m3lvin:

I’m quite new to larp.

started this summer, and begun a project to make a

chaos warrior set up together with my friend,

so that makes us errr… 2.  :~

nitroglysarine:

Lol, nice, funnily enough Chaos is a deity in our system, and Dwarves are a playable race.

so you really play a Choas Dwarf!! :smiley:

Granted the ocean has a deity: The Sea God, so i guess you can be a Sea Dwarf too…

hmmm…

Canix:

Many years ago i used to work at treasure trap at peckforten castle.All my old friends are still conected to Larping in some manner although some of them make props for the film industry now.

I still go once a year taking the kids and so i can play a fat middle aged ninja :o

Hashut’s Blessing:

I used to, but I never managed to go to any events. I ended up running the club at uni, but people became lazy and wouldn’t turn up (this is ACTUALLY because they were lazy, not because I made it boring). As a result, I’ve not done it for almost a year and have no access to start up again. Which is a shame because I loved it :smiley:

nitroglysarine:

I used to, but I never managed to go to any events. I ended up running the club at uni, but people became lazy and wouldn't turn up (this is ACTUALLY because they were lazy, not because I made it boring). As a result, I've not done it for almost a year and have no access to start up again. Which is a shame because I loved it :D

Hashut's Blessing
Move to Aberystwyth! ;)

Malorn:

For those of you who would want to try a big scale Larp scenario:

www.mythodea.de

Its around 5000 people in germany. The important NPCs primarily uses english. Check out their videos and begin to drool… Thats some big fights

nitroglysarine:

For in the uk:

Maelstrom

Curious Pastimes

Lorien Trust

they are the big three, they run about 3-6 a year.

slev:

I’m an ex-larper. I used to play Fools & Heroes, an awesome UK system. Alas, by back injury precludes any further larping for me :frowning:

nitroglysarine:

I'm an ex-larper. I used to play Fools & Heroes, an awesome UK system. Alas, by back injury precludes any further larping for me :(

slev
My local system (the one i now baby-sit for ;)) is based on the Fools and Heroes System.
Nice to hear its name about.

slev:

F&H was so great because we all played every month, and we had multiple branches. If I had the will to travel, I could play every Sat and Sun all year. There was always news reaching you from all around Ithron.

Hashut’s Blessing:

We based ours on Lorien Trust, but changed magic to be suited to a dozen people in an afternoon (opposed to hundreds-thousands over a weekend) and gave races stats (such as a Dwarf gained +1hit per location and Wood Elves could go invisible in Woods if they were 10ft away from anyone else).

nitroglysarine: I’m in Chester, so it wouldn’t be too difficult, I wouldn’t imagine, but I’m moving to Yorkshire after this year of uni, lol.

nitroglysarine:

We based ours on Lorien Trust, but changed magic to be suited to a dozen people in an afternoon (opposed to hundreds-thousands over a weekend) and gave races stats (such as a Dwarf gained +1hit per location and Wood Elves could go invisible in Woods if they were 10ft away from anyone else).

nitroglysarine: I'm in Chester, so it wouldn't be too difficult, I wouldn't imagine, but I'm moving to Yorkshire after this year of uni, lol.

Hashut's Blessing
Well you are welcome to pop down and monster on a weekend, we run Saturday afternoons, every week the university is open

WoodenPickles:

I LARP using the minds eye theatre system and am a member of the Camarilla

Hashut’s Blessing:

nitro: thanks a lot for the invite. I’ll put some serious thought into it. Still trying to get a job, doing a dissertation, doing a practical dissertation and trying to see my girlfriend whom lives in Yorkshire, could make it difficult, lol :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll see if I can manage :wink:

nitroglysarine:

nitro: thanks a lot for the invite. I'll put some serious thought into it. Still trying to get a job, doing a dissertation, doing a practical dissertation and trying to see my girlfriend whom lives in Yorkshire, could make it difficult, lol :P I'll see if I can manage ;)

Hashut's Blessing
Still, you are welcome!