[Archive] Mad Maximillian 1934 WIP-� � British Fighter Ace added 19 Jan 2018

Pappa Midnight:

My wife has bought me some cars from the “Mad Maximillian” range by Eureka Miniatures. Basically Mad Max in the 1930s. Anyhow, I’m not allowed to have them until Christmas so I decided to have a go at building one myself. It’s a Diecast Bugatti with scratch-built twin machineguns. I’m still deciding on a pilot but will probably end up using one of the Eureka ones.

I will add more vehicles to this thread as I go.

Regards

PM

Bloodbeard:

That is a thing of beauty!

Admiral:

Agreed! Classy car design in your paintjob. What’s not to like?

Abecedar:

I saw some of these last weekend at Little Wars in Canberra. They looked fun

and I love the job you’ve done on it

tjub:

Looks super! What scale is it?

Enjoysrandom:

Looks great, maybe some gobbos with old looking racing goggles to drive it?

Pappa Midnight:

Thanks gents. I’m looking forward to getting the rest so I can get some paint down on them.

Looks super! What scale is it?

tjub
It’s supposed to be 1/43 but diecasts tend to be hit and miss ( a lot of them make them to fit the box rather than sticking to strict scale). It fits well with the “official” models but unfortunately I can’t show you any comparison shots as my good lady has hidden them for Christmas!
maybe some gobbos with old looking racing goggles to drive it?

Enjoysrandom
Heh!Heh! not even thought of that… Like the way your mind works!

PM

Pappa Midnight:

Just completed another vehicle. This time it is Dick Dastardly’s “Mean Machine”.

It is a converted 1/43 Blitzen Benz from Brumm  with added rockets, light cannon and tail fin.

I haven’t fitted the crew yet. They are a converted Artizan mini and a Mantic Throwing Mastiff to act as Muttley!

I will post some shots with crew fitted and based shortly.

I also have also completed my Red Baron mini for the bugatti which I will also post shortly.

Regards

PM

Jackswift:

These are well done. They look very striking. Great color choices and beautiful execution. Makes me want to do some similar models myself.

Willmark:

Just completed another vehicle. This time it is Dick Dastardly's "Mean Machine".
It is a converted 1/43 Blitzen Benz from Brumm  with added rockets, light cannon and tail fin.

I haven't fitted the crew yet. They are a converted Artizan mini and a Mantic Throwing Mastiff to act as Muttley!

I will post some shots with crew fitted and based shortly.
I also have also completed my Red Baron mini for the bugatti which I will also post shortly.

Regards
PM

Pappa Midnight
Wow, great work. The eyes (and googles) on both are very well done.

tjub:

Haha, wonderful! :smiley:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Uther the unhinged:

Brilliant,go go mutley

Carcearion:

Absolutely wonderful stuff!

Pappa Midnight:

Thanks gents, I’m glad you like it.

Here’s some pics with Dastardly and Muttley fitted.

Regards

PM

Sjoerdo:

Looking great :slight_smile:

The cartoons were never very popular in the Netherlands but I do remember having seen them once or twice on Dutch TV. Especially remember Muttley’s laugh.

Uther the unhinged:

Awesome work. Will you do an Anthill mob? If so, straight or with Big hats. I think I would love either.

Uther the unhinged:

Actually, now I think about it their hats were pretty big to start with. All they were missing were beards…

Pappa Midnight:

Thanks gents. I have a few more in the pipeline ( Peter Perfect, Penelope Pitstop and possibly the Ant Hill Mob)

I also have some “themed” cars in mind ( holy avenger, British fighter ace, masked hero)

I’ve completed my driver for the Red Eagle. He’s a converted Copplestone Pilot miniature.

More to follow.

Regards

PM

Ghrask Dragh:

These are fantastic, love the Dastardly and Mutley :cheers

Pappa Midnight:

These are fantastic, love the Dastardly and Mutley :cheers

Ghrask Dragh
Thanks mate. Just finished painting another one. This is another converted Brumm diecast. I just need a vicar/priest driver for it.........

Regards
PM