[Archive] Maelzch's Skull drive! (W:Skulls + other bitz)

maelzch:

Righty, for the next part of my Chaos Orcs project, I need skulls, and lots of them!!

My estimate is that I’ll need at least 500! :o

Khorne needs your help!

I’m also hunting around for some other bits atm, so does anybody have:

-Spare chaos marauder drums (preferably just the half without the arm around it.) this one

-Chaos Marauder skull shoulder pads here

-Any Marauder arms (either from the infantry or horse box)

-These marauder horse heads 1 2 3

-Chaos warrior/knight helmets

-Chaos Knight axes 1 2 (or any other chaos knight weapons)

-Chaos knight banner top

-Flagellant arms (flails or clubs)

-Beastman Gor weapon arms

-Beastman Gor standard top

-Chaos Terminator Lord heads 1 2

Hashut’s blessing to anybody who can help!

P.S. I’m UK based

Cheers,

Lee

Hashut’s Blessing:

I think I’ve used all of mine (sorry), but perhaps you could also find out if anybody wants a skeleton box minus all heads and do that? (I was thinking the old one actually, which would be better as it has more skulls.)

Kera foehunter:

do they have to be plain skulls or could the be skulls of banners and weaponds

do they have to be human i also have some with helmets ???

maelzch:

tbh, pretty much any skulls would be awesome, as i’m after so many!

two_heads_talking:

I know I have a sandwhich baggy with quite a few skulls in it… possibly 30 or more. Just not sure if shipping would be worthwhile (costs would be higher coming from the US …)

maelzch:

I think it would probably cost quite a bit to post them from the US, which is a pain.

Thanks for the offer though.

two_heads_talking:

PM me your addy and I will get an estimate… If it’s too costly, we can call it a no/go… If the price is right, well, then we can help each other out… /wink

superfella:

i have a khemri army in the house, so know i have a lot of spare skulls, i will work out how many i have when i get a chance and give you a nudge, ive just moved house so i cant put my hands on my bits box atm.

maelzch:

@ superfella - excellent, cheers!

maelzch:

I’ve updated the top thread with more bits I’m after

two_heads_talking:

I’ve got marauder arms with flails on them too… perhpas 12-20 of them… I’ll add them to the skulls and see what else I’ve got… I’ll recheck the shiping costs and pm you later.

I hadn’t forgotten about you, I just got sidetracked…

maelzch:

that’s alright, that just means the sidetracking results in some marauder arms too, yay!

maelzch:

still after tonnes of skulls!

can be from anywhere, i.e:

-the giants top knot with skulls tied in

-empire skull with crossed arrows

-the giant’s dragon skull club

just any skulls at all!!!

any size or shape!

Willmark:

What might help is: what exactly you are planning to do? We might give you ideas you hadn’t considered because frankly I be surprised if you get to that many.

maelzch:

the skulls are for edging the movement trays for my chaos orcs, it’s going to be quite a few!

I have got some from black cat bases, so once I receive them, I’ll post up if i need any more once i’ve got the bcb order, cheers guys!

Willmark:

I’m guessing your going have the edges entirely covered in skulls then? :o

maelzch:

that’s the plan!

I’ve done the tray for my Chosen already, I’ll try to get some pics up in my Chaos Orcs blog at some point.

Willmark:

I think you need to create a thread in the conversions section if you haven’t already done so. This sounds cool and I’d like to see what it looks like. I’m sure others would as well.

maelzch:

I’ve got a Chaos Orcs thread up somewheres

EDIT: here