[Archive] Magma cannon base size

KramDratta:

I emailed FW for a correct base size for the Magma Cannon, as I am currently proxying the model until I purchase the proper model. From their picture on the site, I thought it was the same as the Iron Daemon (60x100) but their reply left me speechless.

For the Magma Cannon we would recommend a minimum base size of 200mm by 60mm (or two Screaming Bell base together)
I emailed them again just to be 100% sure that they were referring to the Magma Cannon & not the Dreadquake or something and they confirmed:
The model is longer and so would need the longer base.
Can anyone who has the model pls confirm this?

Zuh-Khinie:

Mine fits perfectly on a chariot base. Don’t know what size that is though.

Time of Madness:

50X100 chariot base

There is already a topic discussing all the base sizes on page 2 or 3 (maybe we should sticky it).

The iron daemon works better on a 60X100 base (screaming bell).

Time of Madness

KramDratta:

@Zuh-Khinie: Cheers

@Time of Madness: That would help

Thommy H:

This is why we should probably ignore whatever they say about Bull Centaurs…

Time of Madness:

This is why we should probably ignore whatever they say about Bull Centaurs...

Thommy H
You wait, bull centaurs will soon be on chariots bases Thommy :)
Time of Madness

Thommy H:

Ironically, that wouldn’t be that bizarre - the most recently released Monstrous Beasts and Cavalry units from the newest books (Sepuchral Stalkers, Nercropolis Knights and Mournfang Cavalry) are all on chariot bases. So there’s precedent.

ryanamandaanna:

My guess is they confused it with the dreadquake mortar, which would do better on two screaming bells. I put it on two chariots, but it was a little too wide. The magma cannon and the Death Shrieker both fit on chariots just fine.

ChungEssence:

They were probably tripping on what’s in the picture thinking that whole thing was a magma cannon.