[Archive] Magma Cannon Conversion

Frelf:

Long time reader, first time poster.  I love the chaos dwarves but hate some of the models and the prices.  With that in mind, I’ve taken to building what I want as cheaply as possible.  Here’s the first offering, my pair of Magma Cannons:

[attachment=4043]

Thoughts?

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

NoisyAssassin:

Those are pretty nifty!

Fuggit Khan:

Very nice, in many ways I like your Magma Cannons better than the FW one…and I like what you’ve done with your bases too :cheers

Da Crusha:

they look great. can you put a list of the bits you used?

gIL^:

WE have the same computer monitor.

Frelf:

gIL^, you have an excellent taste in computer monitors.

Da Crusha:

The base model is from the Skaven Warp Lightning Cannon and the cannon is the cut barrel and shield from the Chaos Space Marine Defiler.  I cut up the A-Frame into equal lengths and used the largest wheels from the kit.  With some cutting, greenstuff and tubing, I attached everything to whatever piece that is that goes under the cannon. I also used the gem from the lightning cannon with both ends and extra bits as that is where the “magma” comes from. I’m doing a winter-themed army when I get around to painting everything so, if my skills don’t fail me, it will be a glowing blue rock of fiery death.  You can decorate the ends of the strut however you want.  I used dragon ogre heads since I had them lying around.  I looked up WWI artillery pictures for inspiration.  Not bad for $30 worth of kit and bits, eh?

I’m glad they’ve met some approval so far.  Outside of the infernal guard, I haven’t liked what I’ve seen of the CD FW range so far.  Stay tuned for Bull Centaurs made of Black Orcs and Chaos Knight Steeds!

Abecedar:

good looking work, Its so much better having the same models to represent things for an army. To even sort-of make a match for the FW magma cannon that I have will be a right pain

Yodrin:

Those look very cool, nice work!!

Bolg:

Love the conversion/kitbash. I personally would prefer cannons on a rond base, or at least on a square one.  there very long bases are very eazy to hit with cannons and more and very difficult to turn it to near to a unit. I you like tournaments I would avoid these bases.

Khaosbeardling:

Very cool conversion! I’m still thinking of ways I want to do some of my war machines, these are very awesome inspiration!

Ghrask Dragh:

Very cool canon, think they will fit right into a chaos dwarf army. Welcome aboard!!

Kera foehunter:

Long time reader, first time poster.  I love the chaos dwarves but hate some of the models and the prices.  With that in mind, I've taken to building what I want as cheaply as possible.  Here's the first offering, my pair of Magma Cannons:

Thoughts?

Frelf
Best ever avatar :hat off

the canon are cool to

RiTides:

Nicely done!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

lady deathstroke:

those are great!I was going to buy the fw ones but after seeing yours i may head down kit bash rode wow!

ClawLeader:

Lovely, I approve and they look coherent and fit the theme of the cds

Admiral:

Perfect conversion. You almost convinced me to try it out instead of eventually buying train car war machines from Forgeworld.

mireadur:

very nice ones, grats )