[Archive] magma cannon or deathshrieker

RichardC1967:

in a 2500 point battle would you pick 2 magma cannons, 2 deathshriekers or 1 of each?..I’m trying to put together a 2500 point army and want to see what the best choice is based on the warmachines I have available, and would a hellcannon also be a good choice with either/or one of the other choices.I played a 3500 pt three way battle using WOC for the first time in about 10 years against two opponents a few weeks ago that used Skaven and Ogre Kingdoms,and I think these guys will be using the same armies when I use the CD’s next time in a smaller battle.

Thanks for your opinions

eudaimon:

Depends what you are trying to do. I would probably go for 1 HC, 1 MC and 2 DSs, but taking 2 MCs and 1 DS is a good option too. What I love about the DS is the options for single target or multiple - amazing flexibility. However, the MC is more accurate, though less capable of taking out single targets.

rpitts2004:

My 2500 point list uses two magma cannons and a Death shrieker

Chico:

2 DS and 1 MC would be my vote, but 2 HC would also rock.

Mad Dave:

In most of my games i use DS mostly maybe the odd Magma Cannon.

Discoking:

In most of my games i use DS mostly maybe the odd Magma Cannon.

Mad Dave
This guy has no shame in taking 3 Magma Cannons, 1 Dread Quake Mortar & 1 Death Shrieker...

Watch here.

I personally take 2 Magma Cannons, 1 Death Shrieker & if I can get him in,
My Hellcannon.

:hashut

Skink:

I haven’t been playing in ages but I would use two Ds 1 Mc and 1 Hc for these simple reasons:

1) Magma Cannons seem to be veeery annoying for our opponents, I like to play Warhammer for fun.

2) Hc is way too cool to leave the model at home!

3) Ds reminds me of the old Death rocket… And you know, Dwarfs are fond of the “Good old times”!!!

flashgordon:

i play 1hc 1mc and 2 dc

CopperPot:

Currently running a list with 2 Deathshriekers excellent for taking out big single targets and for 100points:)

I dont use magma cannons I try not to give my mate a reason to cry so take 2 Hellcannons instead and watch his face explode with anger because he cant complain about them:)

with re-rolls Hellcannons are just super.

RichardC1967:

Thanks for all the good advice so far you’ve certainly given me some things to think about when I start cobbling my army together

rpitts2004:

I haven't been playing in ages but I would use two Ds 1 Mc and 1 Hc for these simple reasons:

1) Magma Cannons seem to be veeery annoying for our opponents, I like to play Warhammer for fun.

2) Hc is way too cool to leave the model at home!

3) Ds reminds me of the old Death rocket... And you know, Dwarfs are fond of the "Good old times"!!!

Skink
Thats funny because i like to play to win