[Archive] Main page and forum updates

Bloodbeard:

Hello fellow Dawi Zharr.

Something is happening to the main page! Xander was kind enough to give me a crash course in PHP, FTP and HTML. Very nice skills to have indeed and it have allowed me to do some updates on the main page.

Main Page Updates

Golden Hat Galleries

The first thing done, is updating the Golden Hat gallery section of CDO. Multiple contest links were ‘broken’ - as in simply never been finished. That’s fixed now. And hopefully I’ll find the time to keep the gallery updated with the next competitions.

So why not jump over there and scroll through some CDO history. There are some truly beautiful miniatures hiding in the Golden Hat Galleries.

I you find some mistakes or errors please let me know.

Age of Sigmar

Xander have updated the main page with a link to ThommyHs warscrolls for Age of Sigmar. Great work by both of them. So the warscrolls can now be found through the main page under “fan-made army lists”.

Future updates

Next up is adding more beautiful member army showcases to the main page - get some of those medals pinned to users. If you have any suggestions post them here or write me a PM. We already have a few selected in Staff, but we are definitely forgetting some.

We also want to add “galleries” for Artisan’s Contests and Scribe’s Contests. Perhaps even a collection of images and a map showing the exchanges of Emissaries made across the world!

Thank you for your time

After updating the GH galleries, I would like to give a very large thank you to Xander, Nicodemus and Cornixt. Updating and making those pages takes a lot of time. It’s tedious and time consuming work, clicking between multiple programs and tabs.

It’s no wonder those updates haven’t been completed. Thank you for the effort you have put in there - building all this.

This taken into consideration, it might be some time before the new pages are done and uploaded. As all the time used for website updates are taken from time that could be spend painting, converting and playing with my own Chaos Dwarfs.

Forum Updates

The Forum in the Age of Sigmar - Forum tagging

A few members have brought up the possibility of updating the CDO forum. Merging some sections and expanding others. The wish have seemed to be having sections for Age of Sigmar, 8th Edition and Kings of War.

We are discussing it in staff and have some ideas. But before merging or expanding anything we’ve decided to wait a bit. See if there’s really any need - as traffic haven’t really expanded yet.

The important thing is this: CDO has room for all hobbyist liking evil dwarfs. If that love is shown through 8th Edition, Age of Sigmar or Kings of War. Chaos Dwarfs Online has room for it all.

We suggest people start using tags when making new threads, when appropriate, that’s when talking rules, army lists or battle reports. So you should add the following:

[AoS] = my thread is about Warhammer: Age of Sigmar

[8th] = my thread is about Warhammer: 8th Edition

Forum tags
Scribe’s Contest IV

Remember to vote for Scribe’s Contest IV. We had a decent amount of very well written prophecies for this one. A quick and great read.

Keep your furnaces hot and your steel sharp.

//Bloodbeard

Thommy H:

You might want to update the version of my AoS rules you have uploaded there!

Bloodbeard:

You might want to update the version of my AoS rules you have uploaded there!

Thommy H
Will do. Thanks for mentioning it.

Edit: Done.

Malorndk:

Good job!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Zanko:

Great work dude! :hat off

Good to see the GH-Gallery updated!

I like to view all the great entries of the past! :cheers

:hashut

Abecedar:

Great work and much appreciated by us lesser mortals.

Just wondering but Ive always thought it odd that the Artisans Contests doesn’t have its own place in the index.

Bloodbeard:

Good job!

Malorndk
Great work dude! :hat off

Good to see the GH-Gallery updated!

I like to view all the great entries of the past! :cheers

Zanko
Thank you gentlemen. Viewed all the old galleries when working on them - some truly great stuff there.
Great work and much appreciated by us lesser mortals.
Just wondering but Ive always thought it odd that the Artisans Contests doesn't have its own place in the index.

Abecedar
Artisan's Contest and Scribe's Contest will get galleries as well. Scrine's Contest is easy enough to make for me - just takes time.

Artisan's will be a bit more work. The ones that was photo/picture entries is easily done. But the ones where I have to put rules etc up for download will take work - Xander can help me with that.

Admiral:

Great work! It’s refreshing to see the Golden Hat gallery updated. Will have to ask you or Xander about teaching me once schedule allows to get back into the hobby loop (not before early September, probably). It’s a lot of work keeping the site updated, and the more available hands, the better. The Staff did a tremendous job polishing CDO with all the nifty features such as galleries, and now you picks up the torch, you jolly Dane. Well done!

And a big thank you to Xander for uploading Thommy H’s warscrolls, as well as an applause for the one-man-army-book-team’s record time performance. The result looks professional and keep us updated with Age of Sigmar until Forgeworld release their versions. CDO’s pulse seems steady and good, end of the known world or not. :cheers

Fuggit Khan:

I’ve been meaning to tell you thanks for all the hard work you put in to make these updates. Especially the Golden Hat hall of fame gallery…years ago when I was just a lurking Hobgoblin on CDO, the very first thing I ever saw and went threw every page was the GH galleries. They were awe inspiring and still are.

I’m very happy to see them get updated so that future Dawi Zharr (lurking or otherwise) can experience the same inspiration that I had when I first browsed through them.

Thank you Bloodbeard :hat off

Bloodbeard:

Thanks gentlemen. Summer vacation is over now. So as soon as time permits it, I’ll set to update the main page galleries. I’ve gotten pictures from one member for the galleries.