[Archive] Man o War Returning in September?

Pyro Stick:

Looks like the rumours of Man o War returning are starting to surface again. Bols just posted this:

Man O War

Returns in September

Big box - using the Space Hulk format

£70 - ???USD

Two fleets: Empire and Vampires

All plastic ship models

Plastic Islands

Authored by Phil Kelly and Jervis Johnson

A complete game in a box, with no further expansions

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2011/07/rumors-mystery-box-man-o-war-returns.html

I would be really happy just to get an updated version of the rules since i have all the ships i need. Hopefully “no further expansions” just means that nothing like Sea of Blood will be a further add on and not that they are only making two fleets.

Admiral:

Yes! Yes! Yes! Ever since I first read about it in a vague mention in WD, I’ve always wanted Man o’ War back. When I recently looked at the models, I was completely sold. It all was so good, and very much in my taste. One CD and one Dwarf fleet will have to be ordered - or at least scratch built, if they are not released. My brother will probably pick up a High Elf armada, in his usual elf-hording style. Then it’s only a matter of convincing the other main-game-system-loyalist mates about the funs of Man o’ War.

Damnit, some of my planned Chaos Dwarf purchases may be belated by this release! I’ll, however, be unpleased if GW makes this as just a limited edition run, like Space Hulk.

snowblizz:

I'll, however, be unpleased if GW makes this as just a limited edition run, like Space Hulk.

Admiral
Oh, I'd brace myself if I were you then. Or you might end up with a trauma.

Admiral:

Oh, I'd brace myself if I were you then. Or you might end up with a trauma.

snowblizz
:D

I expect GW to do a limited edition run (which is odd - it would seem more sensible to do a large first batch that goes in the stores, and then just make the box available through mail order, producing new sets as orders file in over the years) just like with Space Hulk. And just as with Space Hulk, it's a damn shame, especially since the Space Hulk models were excellent.

wallacer:

Cool. Always wanted to try MoW.

Shakhorth:

MoW back, that would rock!!!

My dwarf fleet and hopefully my soon to be purchased CD fleet can see some action :wink:

cornixt:

I’d love to see MoW make a comeback. Even as a standalone boxset with only a couple of fleets it would be good. I don’t know why GW now have an obsession with only selling games that they can subsequently sell more models for, but I hope it ends so they can sell more of these all-in-one games as standard rather than limited runs.

Kered:

I would like it to make a comeback like they did with space hulk.

nitroglysarine:

Ohhh empire!

Do I spy a POTC1 theme to the army’s selected :wink:

Da Crusha:

NO NO NO! I was really hoping for this to be blood bowl… good for you guys, Im not excited though.

Admiral:

I'd love to see MoW make a comeback. Even as a standalone boxset with only a couple of fleets it would be good. I don't know why GW now have an obsession with only selling games that they can subsequently sell more models for, but I hope it ends so they can sell more of these all-in-one games as standard rather than limited runs.

cornixt
Agreed. I also think that they should ignore their stated limited edition-run for Space Hulk, and just re-release it so that it can be ordered from their online store. FW did something similar to a Necron construct, since it was a good model and quite popular.