[Archive] Manbiters

ChaosStunty:

Is there really any advantage to taking manbiters from the gnoblar hordes list over hobgoblins?

Servius:

nope… as it would be a dogs of war it would i believe contend with a valuable rare choice. and if the rules state it can be taken as a special choice instead of the normal rare… still it has to contend with Death Rockets, Bolt Throwers and the rest of the Orc Slaves. Personally i think hobs are about the pinnacle of the Goblin world… its pretty much a Human with a lower leadership.

ChaosStunty:

nope.. as it would be a dogs of war it would i believe contend with a valuable rare choice.

Servius
It is a rare choice, but they have a higher initiative... guess it doesn't really matter tho.

Thommy H:

It is a rare choice, but they have a higher initiative... guess it doesn't really matter tho.

ChaosStunty
Not when they're competing with earthshakers and bull centaurs, no.

Dracomancer:

Would someone be so kind as to tell me where I can find this gnoblar hordes list, i’ve seen it mentionned a couple of times now…

Uzkul Werit:

Check out the Ogre Stronghold site. They should have links to it.

Nehan:

Gnoblar horde is a very funny list, and lucky gits are one of the best infantry unit in the game!

Dracomancer:

Argh, still no luck, a free slave to the first person who can provide a link…

Lepreh Khan:

Gimmie my slave!!!

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.games-workshop.es%2Fwarhammer%2Fogros%2Fayudas%2Fgnoblars_01.asp&langpair=es%7Cen&hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

It’s the link from the Ogre Strongholds website.

The original text is in Spanish, so google is trying to translate it (which it does a very poor job of). If you need any help with translating the words, then let me know and I can send you a PM with my translations (I’m fluent in Spanish).

Here’s something funny, a Rhinox is called a “Rhino donkey/mule” in spanish, lol.

-LK

Dracomancer:

Gimmie my slave!!!!
-LK

Lepreh Khan
Done, although the mercenarios bit is kinda confusing, do you reckon you could explain it a bit better, would be apreciated :).

Lepreh Khan:

I must admit that the translation is horrible… seriously, it’s horrible. Although the fact that it’s in Spain’s dialect probably doesn’t help the auto translator. It’s also kind of funny because it translates very literally as opposed to how we would say it.

“Mercenarios” means Dogs of War. The specific Dogs of War rule for Manbiters says that they can be used as Dogs of War in any army of Orcs & Goblins, Dogs of War, or Chaos Dwarves.

“Cozaz pinchantez” is sharp stuff, in case you didn’t know.

“Fights” is Animosity.

“Muerdehombres” is Manbiters. (It is translated as “muerde” = bite, “Hombres” = men).

“Enanos of the Chaos” is us, Chaos Dwarves.

Does this answer your question or were there other things you needed to know?

-LK