[Archive] Mantic Halfbreeds

Satan:

Coming in July. Price and material currently unknown.

Thommy H:

Hm. Well. They’re certainly Bull Centaurs.

beefcake:

Am I the only one that can’t stand the mantic heads. The rest of the miniature is fairly nice.

Discoking:

I’m with you Beefcake. Those heads are awful.

I like a bit of uniform in my army, & all these heads are awful.

I like big hats, & I like mask-helms even more;

But each individual hat on these is different.

Chaos Bretonnian Dwarfs!

cornixt:

The armour looks plain weird. Seems like a decent-size base for someone to convert a nice looking BC from though (assuming they want a cavalry sized one these days)

wallacer:

They’re not terrible but with Warhammer Forge Bull Centaurs getting close to release I think i’ll hang onto my money.

Murdock129:

I think I will personally buy them, their not the most gorgeous bull centaurs, but their definitely not bad, give them a head switch with some bighat heads and they’d fit well in my army

So yeah, I’m gonna buy them when they come out

Vogon:

I’m with Wallacer here. The rest of my army is Warhammer Forge and I know that Warhammer Forge Bull Centaurs are on the way so I’ll hang on until then.

In the mean time I’ll stick with my old GW ones

Cheers

Vogon

Vardan Painkiller:

i think they are not “new” sculpts,  i remember 5 half-breeds being included in some old deals

i also agree they are not the best as models,  but great base for further adjustements

Jaakko:

i think they are not "new" sculpts,  i remember 5 half-breeds being included in some old deals

Vardan Painkiller
You're right, they have been included in some old deals iirc. There was a unit of 5 down at my local store and from what I can remember I found them to be somewhat smaller in size than for example GWs old Bull Centaurs.

I'm not going to buy these. I like the old GW Bull Centaurs better.

Obsidian:

I generally don’t like Mantic’s armour but maybe the bodies might be of use.

beefcake:

I'm not going to buy these. I like the old GW Bull Centaurs better.

Jaakko
Yep. Anywhere to see a sneak peak of the FW Bull Centaurs? or is that just wishful thinking.

gIL^:

The detail seems really soft, Just not very good, I can name 6 people in this community that can make better models and this is supposed to be a major company.

very disappointed Nothing compared to the great detail of their board game project pandora.

fattdex:

T-errible lumps of crap. Suit the rest of the abysmal dwarf range perfectly.

Time of Madness:

At least they have an “almost” complete range. I’m glad they are continuing to add to the range. Gives Chaos Dwarf players another option for a cheaper army.

Time of Madness

felix:

I think the weapons handles look way too long also for the big head at the end.

Thommy H:

For some reason, there is also this:

Kera foehunter:

Wow!!!  a Mermaid… I like that…  centaur  maybe or may not get

Zanthrax:

Great work mantic.

Z

French_noodle:

Gives Chaos Dwarf players another option for a cheaper army.
Agree, this is a good thing.

Moreover, i personnaly think that Mantic's paintjob is pretty awful. Not technically, but something in their choice of colour or maybe pictures disturbs me.

Having a few Mantic Abyssals, i found them far nicer in real than in photos (and i'm not a great painter ;) )..

Of course those are probably the worst models of Centaurs existing, but i think they could look better once painted differently.

++