[Archive] Mantic Next Wave - Dark Elves

Admiral:

The mantic elves are not so great but they were the first venture into plastics as a range they are passable but in a different feeling towards elves than gorilla handed clown footed games workshops offerings.

Thorne
Isn't this called "the Aly Morrison syndrome" or something? I always found it odd when I discovered Warhammer (thanks to my younger brother) by 6th edition, although it didn't look too unreal until I bought some boxes of plastic Dwarf Warriors and discovered ham fists half the size of the axe they were holding.

:D

snowblizz:

The mantic elves are not so great but they were the first venture into plastics as a range they are passable but in a different feeling towards elves than gorilla handed clown footed games workshops offerings.

Thorne
Isn't this called "the Aly Morrison syndrome" or something? I always found it odd when I discovered Warhammer (thanks to my younger brother) by 6th edition, although it didn't look too unreal until I bought some boxes of plastic Dwarf Warriors and discovered ham fists half the size of the axe they were holding.

:D

Admiral
What really trips with those Dwarfs is that the standard bearer's hand is really normally sized.

To some degree I get it, if you hold something in your hand then the fist would look bigger, it's just that instead of sculpting that simply increased the size of the hand.