[Archive] Mantic Next Wave - Dark Elves

nitroglysarine:

Looks FAR better than their awful elf models to date.

Xander:

Oh snap. This could be pretty sweet.

zobo1942:

Wow. Those are… startlingly derivative.

Thommy H:

Sorry, not impressed. It’s just waaaay behind the curve in terms of sculpting quality.

cornixt:

The paintjob isn’t very good at showing the detail quality of the sculpt, so I can’t really comment on that part. Could be anywhere from a basic low detail plastic on a par with Heroquest models or a decent one.

It looks good, but remarkably like GW. Proportions are good and the pose isn’t bad.

Bassman:

Nice, not the best sculpture ever but it’s pretty good. It’s really hard to get decent female sculptures at 28mm heroic scale (or at least seems that most of the sculptors fail to sculpt a decent female figure) so it’s pretty good.

What I do not like is the base. I hate when people place enormous useless bases. They take out the fun of making your own ones :smiley:

Borador:

Reminds me of the cauldron of blood, only not as good looking. They are improving though, looks better than those elves they made :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

gIL^:

I really hope they don’t stick us with High Elf plastics + metal Dark Elf bits.

Those elf plastics are fugly

nitroglysarine:

I really hope they don't stick us with High Elf plastics + metal Dark Elf bits.

Those elf plastics are fugly

gIL^
Seconded. I don't 'think' they will, but it is a possibility I guess. :~

Admiral:

Not the best, but they seem to be improving. The miniature look decent. My smaller brother might even pick up some Dark Elves if they keep a higher standard than their normal Elves.

snowblizz:

Now there’s a Mantic elf I could get behind

Grimstonefire:

I’m sure they will do HE + metal DE bits as I remember seeing pics of them already.

Makes sense really, cover armies quickly at minimal cost.

gIL^:

I'm sure they will do HE + metal DE bits as I remember seeing pics of them already.

Makes sense really, cover armies quickly at minimal cost.

Grimstonefire
Im really thinking of making a DE army, But if they do HE + They need to be fricking amazing in order for me to get them.

I would prefer all plastic though.

Bassman:

Well, I want to add that, yes she is nice but…YAWWNNNN… it’s pretty boring to see people without imagination. Well even tough I appreciate their line is a cheap option but a line that is simply a spin off the GW line… well they can do better than this :frowning:

Dark Elves can have a different approach than the “classic” GW one!

Da Crusha:

wow, definitely the best mantic has released up to date!

Bolg:

I like it. its “nice” base is way over the top…

Thorne:

but a line that is simply a spin off the GW line.... well they can do better than this :(
Dark Elves can have a different approach than the "classic" GW one!

Bassman
I porsonaly love this model but I think rather than knocking it for looking too games workshop I'd like to mention the drow from ad&d which I think the standard look for the games workshop figures come from.

These show great potential and if they are to do composite kits I think the Market will not approve so much. Perhaps a conversion sprue instead. The mantic elves are not so great but they were the first venture into plastics as a range they are passable but in a different feeling towards elves than gorilla handed clown footed games workshops offerings.

I anticipate the release as I do like dark elves but I hope they are not composite metal plastics

Necrotique:

Now there's a Mantic elf I could get behind

snowblizz
That made me chuckle ;)

:cheers

nitroglysarine:

Now there's a Mantic elf I could get behind

snowblizz
That made me chuckle ;)

:cheers

Necrotique
You aren't the only one ;P