[Archive] Manticors

Ingrown:

Which race can still ride Manticors? Dark elves still can, not sure bout VCs, hope they can its a damn good monster

Kera foehunter:

Well i have an old school Manticor it being ride by a vampier.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, I don’t know about the new book, but the last one didn’t allow them to.

furrie:

don’t have the book, but a friend does, I will ask it when I see him.

Ingrown:

Ta furrie, I’d appreciate it :slight_smile: (hey look 111 posts, the number of the beast… when he was but a young lad of course)

furrie:

VC can’t have manticors, so asfar as I know the only army with manticors are the dark elves

Ingrown:

:frowning: damn, i might be able to sneak one in under Abyssal Terror, which is apparently something new. Cheers anyway, have a slave

Kera foehunter:

Well when there was a undead army. Dieter Helsicht (Doom lord of Middenheim ) rode a manticore

way back in 96 He was part of the undead army.

furrie:

there arn’t any manticors in the VC book and I don’t think the tomb kings ride manticors, it isn’t realy egypte like. so the days of the manticors in undead army’s is over :frowning:

Lord Zarkov:

VC have ‘Abyssal Terror’ which can pretty much be a dead anything bar dragon

AGPO:

I never really did Vampire Counts (my old undead became Khemri instead) but a friend of mine usedthe old Deiter model as a necromancer lord on a winged nightmare. I think there may be rules for Deiter somewhere on the GW site but maybe they’ve taken em down like they did with the CD list.

EDIT: Unfortunatley he’s not on there, but I did find this archive of 5th ed special characters with updated rules while looking
http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer/special-characters/1/

Ingrown:

Lord Zarkov: I was thinking about that abyssal terror, but with it being so open ended i fear undead cockatrice or something obscure will tempt me away.

AGPO: that do be looking pretty useful for all of us, cheers (don’t know why i did that in a pirate voice)

Pyro Stick:

I never really did Vampire Counts (my old undead became Khemri instead) but a friend of mine usedthe old Deiter model as a necromancer lord on a winged nightmare. I think there may be rules for Deiter somewhere on the GW site but maybe they've taken em down like they did with the CD list.

EDIT: Unfortunatley he's not on there, but I did find this archive of 5th ed special characters with updated rules while looking
http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer/special-characters/1/

AGPO
I have the old Undead army book which had Deiter's rules in it. If anyone wants them ill try post them.