[Archive] Map of the Realm of Chaos

Thane Godri GoblinSlayer:

So what does the Realm of the Dark Gods look like.  Has anyone made a map or seen a map of it before.  If so can I see it and use it for my own personal gains :cheers.  I imagine it would look cool with Khorne’s territory being the largest and Slaanesh’s being the smallest.

Hashut’s Blessing:

It’s ever-changing :smiley: A map would last a million years and 3 picoseconds at the same time. You can;t map it unfortunately lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Filipicusius:

The realm of chaos isn’t really a realm, it isn’t really a place at all!

I read something like that in some book, don’t remember wich one.

Willmark:

Ether has not substance per say, but one possible result of chaos is substance… spooky!

GRNDL:

It is a state of mind. Of utter nihilism. It defies shape and distance. It is oblivion and everywhere all at once. It is madness. Everywhere nowhere. Nothing and Everything.

And don’t drink the water if you go.

PS: If you play Warhammer Online, go to the Inevitable City and you shall have a taste of chaos. All the Ruinous powers have “embassies” there, hosted by Tzeetch. If nothing else, it gives you a taste of what the Realm of Chaos might be like, but adjusted for the benefit of mortal brains.

snowblizz:

It is a state of mind. Of utter nihilism. It defies shape and distance. It is oblivion and everywhere all at once. It is madness. Everywhere nowhere. Nothing and Everything.

And don't drink the water if you go.

PS: If you play Warhammer Online, go to the Inevitable City and you shall have a taste of chaos. All the Ruinous powers have "embassies" there, hosted by Tzeetch. If nothing else, it gives you a taste of what the Realm of Chaos might be like, but adjusted for the benefit of mortal brains.

GRNDL
And teen audiences I presume?

Swissdictator:

And teen audiences I presume?

snowblizz
Ouch.

Overall I got a kick out of the Inevitable City, I just wish I could access the Nurgle area! :(

Very cool, but a few more levels and I can explore a bit more there.

Perturabo:

I wasn’t too sure about the attempt to describe the different regions of the realm of Chaos in the Daemons book. It made it seem far too mundane.

But I suppose any attempt to define Chaos is going to seem that way.

Swissdictator:

If you can find a copy of the old “Realm of Chaos” books they’re rather nice. The more recent (which, correct me if I’m wrong people, is a bit of an update for fantasy) Liber Chaotica may be cheaper and just as good.

GRNDL:

Liber Chaotica is an interesting tome. Its not so much a sourcebook as much as a collection of fabricated tales, journals, notes and stories that describe the nature of Chaos. Its very inspirational, but kinda jumps all around. I think any attempt to describe the Realm of Chaos needs to be dumbed down so you’re not reading something like a William S Burroughs novel. One of my fave extracts is in Liber: Slaanesh, a conversation between a Sigmarite priest and a Slaaneshi devotee about what “fun” is. After a lengthy discourse, the priest begins to understand what the draw of Slaanesh is. :wink: