[Archive] Marauder Mage

AGPO:

I don’t think its done badly at all, maybe the idea would be to build it up layer by layer…

Pyro Stick:

I tried to do that first. It was a complete failure.

Kera foehunter:

i like the gold helmet . But the second one is nicer

AGPO:

Pyro Stick
Thats a shame, any advice of other things to avoid?

Pyro Stick:

Pyro Stick
Thats a shame, any advice of other things to avoid?

AGPO
I think the wall of fire is a bit too thick since the wall i built up the flames onto is a bit too thick. I tried to build it up layer by layer but it was too thin so i just got a big lump of green stuff and built the wall in one go.

Julio:

Doesn’t he just remind you of meta knight from kirby? ahh Childhood memories

Pyro Stick:

Doesn't he just remind you of meta knight from kirby? ahh Childhood memories

Julio
Now that you mention it it is quite similar. Only because of the helmet. I am going to master him in SSBB

hat fanatic:

i absolutely love the second paint scheme great colours.

the custom base is also really awesome. A true center piece to your marauders. keep up the good work :hat off

wallacer:

@wallacer: I never really thought about reverse highlighting.. Since it had a black basecoat the yellow would of looked terrible unless i gave it a massive layer. Or a white basecoat i guess.
Or grey.��That would make the yellow look alright, especially if you used foundation yellow instead of normal GW.

thomson:

man thats cool

Pyro Stick:

Yes. Yes it is.

I cant wait to get my hands on another marauder mage. The next one will be called shadowmancer

hal:

Wowza, he looks a lot better. I think your painting skills have improved significantly.

Pyro Stick:

Heres one last pic i had lying around. All it really shows you is the detail behind the rock he is standing on. If Ghrask Dragh wants any pics then ill post more here.

EDIT: I meant to upload this one but ill just leave them both. they both have different parts in focus.

Kera foehunter:

Wow great color pyro

Pyro Stick:

I dont know why but some times when i take pics of my cd’s the Blood Red turn into a kind of washed out orangey red colour. So just image all red as Blood Red.

Ghrask Dragh:

Great pics, Thanks Pyro

can’t wait for shadowmancer!!

:cheers

Rakmial:

Is anyone else wondering why he has a grenade?

I suppose if anyone were to invent one in the Fantasy world, it would be the CDs.

Pyro Stick:

Is anyone else wondering why he has a grenade?

I suppose if anyone were to invent one in the Fantasy world, it would be the CDs.

Rakmial
I asked that over on Hand of Hashut and i was told that it was because that at the time this model was made warhammer fluff suggested that people could go to the future. It was something to do with Chaos anyway