[Archive] masked Lammasu

m3lvin:

Da Crusha: Is it based on the original lammasu? or another model?

Sounds fun, post some pics if you like! :cheers

/melv

Stubbs:

Those sketches are amazing! If I had a lammasu i’d give it a mask but well I don’t tough :~

Da Crusha:

Da Crusha: Is it based on the original lammasu? or another model?
Sounds fun, post some pics if you like! :cheers

/melv

m3lvin
actually it is based on a winged nightmare model, the old one from 5th. I wanted to make it based on a manticore but I don't really think that a manticore model accurately represents the lammasu statline, since the winged nightmare model looks thinner and not really ferocious it worked better for me. I have it put away right now but when I find it I will post some pics.

m3lvin:

Smart Idea!

I always had a soft spot for those ol’ winged nightmares,

they look really cool.

/melv

Da Crusha:

ok here it is, it just occured to me that it’s not so much of a mask as a helm I also put this pic and another in my army blog

Scion:

Nice model, what the helm from?

m3lvin:

Very nice Crusher, Indeed.

The helm/mask really finish it off, will be fun to see how it looks with a beard.

The mask looks very similar to the design on my sketch, haven’t actually thought of using the dreadnought head. (pretty wierd that it hasn’t coming to my mind.)

I will still make my mask from scratch, but the design will be pretty much like the one from my sketch.

To bad I cant post any pictures on my progress. (saving them for after a certain competition :P).

Does the Lammasu only have 2 attacks?!  Man, I should’ve really read the stats before decideing the sice on mine :smiley:

oh, well…

/melv

Da Crusha:

scion: thanks, its a chaos space marine defiler head

m3lvin: oh yeah the competition I forgot… well, good luck I’ll look forward to seeing your entry.

m3lvin:

why don’t enter it yourself?

Two masked lammasu’s in a competition would be awesome :smiley:

First the Golden hat, then the world !!

or do you maybe already got an entry? :wink:

Da Crusha:

well, that does sound like a pretty good idea and I have a month so that’s even better. I hope my procrastinating nature doesn’t get the best of me.

Da Crusha:

:o I just saw your GH entry… AMAZING!!! I cant believe how cool he came out, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

black hammer:

If your entry doesn’t win I’m never coming to this sight again!