[Archive] Medals and Slaves

DAGabriel:

Any news on which rules apply regarding the image gallery? The ones here and in the thread “The showcase gallery rules” differ.
Another suggestion, since at the time the rules were written there were only 19 sections instead of the 35 today wouldnt it be possible to make a ranking similar to the army medals starting with 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30+?
Would make it easier for the newbies and more distinguished for collectors who want to reach for Diamond and Blackshard.

Thanks for the bronze, it just ninjaed me.

Stiglitz:

Grimstonefire
Medals:

To get  the Bronze, one must post 5 units within the Image Gallery section of the forum. Silver is 10 and Gold is 15. Any Chaos Dwarf unit or Hobgoblin unit counts for this as long as it is a new unit. All other unit types, only count once, no matter how many different units of it you post, but we still encourage people to do so.

I don`t understand the bold sentence. Does it mean, if I post 5 different units of infernal guard, I get the bronze medal?

Grimstonefire:

Although I am quoted in that I don’t actually remember writing that bit in bold…?

My understanding was that you need to post in 5 different threads, of which chaos dwarf warriors are one  and hobgoblins (on foot) would be one each no matter how many units of each are painted.  Of course Infernal guard have their own thread which is a bit confusing as depending on which list you use (if you use one with your own rules), that could be one unit as ‘warriors’ and a second unit as infernal guard.

Edit. Or a third where they are armed with blunderbusses.

I may be wrong though and it may be based on specific lists. I haven’t posted in any of them yet afaik. sadly. :frowning:

Stiglitz:

Thanks for the answer…

I have to apologize, you didn’t wrote it in bold, it was me to make clear what exactly I don’t understand.

My problem was that all other unit types only count once no matter how many different units I post - but for Chaos Dwarfs or Hobgoblins any unit counts…

But I think I will go now with your explanation.

Thanks again.

Grimstonefire:

Confusion, I meant that I don’t remember writing it at all, bold or not. :wink:

Stiglitz:

Well, the quote is from the first post in this thread. :slight_smile:

Grimstonefire:

Yes, I was staff when it was written, so I wrote most of it. But it has since been edited. :wink:

Hence my confusion. Ah well.