[Archive] Mega-Astrogoth

BeeZharr:

I recently made a Dreadknight to represent the Chapter Master of my Space Marine army. Whilst making it I couldn’t help thinking that the kit would work well as the basis of an Astrogoth conversion - a Mega-Astrogoth.

The image below shows my Dreadknight against a Fireglaives unit. It is massive but it fits with the direction Warhammer is going at the moment.

I was thinking of stripping the kit down to its basic chassis, removing all the armour panels, changing the power generator with a suitable looking steam one, using the big hammer in the kit and obviously changing the pilot for Chaos Dwarf.

Any ideas? Anybody know of a a suitable pilot model? Bear in mind, my sculpting skills are bobbins (I’ve had a go…).

Thanks

nitroglysarine:

I’ve been considering this for a while, good to see someone is giving it a go.

As for a pilot model, you could hide the lower portion of the body in some kind of seated area, so only the torso is visible?

BeeZharr:

This shouldn’t be too much of a problem as the legs on the kit are separate. I was thinking of leaving them off and standing the pilot on a platform above - controlling the thing with levers.

nitroglysarine:

Ohhh levers!!! My Invader Zim memories have just come flooding back ;D

kornchild:

maybe something like this only with dwarf driver and goblin handlers (for the arms).
http://marbles.frothersunite.com/imag/gobbo/GBLV01.jpg

i myself whas thinking of useing the dreadknight as a basis for a big khazgul trakka.

BeeZharr:

I have finally finished this Mega-Astragoth conversion after nearly 4 years of having a think about it! You’ve probably seen it by now, the big fella won me Golden Hat XXII, but here are the pics again -

The question now is, what should the rules be?

Grimstonefire:

Shouldn’t he have a white beard? I think that would really help actually to make him stand out more.

BeeZharr:

Shouldn't he have a white beard?  I think that would really help actually to make him stand out more.

Grimstonefire
I think with all the red that might make him look a little too much like Santa...

Dînadan:

Shouldn't he have a white beard?  I think that would really help actually to make him stand out more.

Grimstonefire
I think with all the red that might make him look a little too much like Santa...

BeeZharr
Well that's your entry for the next Christmas comp sorted - just repaint the beard white, add a few white/silver trims and add a sack of presents to the base ;P

Loidrial:

wow, such a badass! great looking one!