[Archive] Minotaurs in CD society

Hashut’s Blessing:

As said, Blood Bowl is non-canonical. Even what is in Blood Bowl is considered non-canonical to Blood Bowl, lol. It’s set in an alternate universe where people play bloody sports instead of fighting.

Alric:

As said, Blood Bowl is non-canonical. Even what is in Blood Bowl is considered non-canonical to Blood Bowl, lol. It's set in an alternate universe where people play bloody sports instead of fighting.

Hashut's Blessing
Which would only apply if you have any "canon" a notion that is quite silly considering 1) when you are exploring new ideas which of course since "new" ideas would allow one to think outside any percieved "canon" 2) there is any "canon" , aka rules that are universally accepted. My advice to those that are exploring new ideas for Chaos Dwarfs is to ignore anyone who thinks that "canon" alone matters at all.

Also as I have done the past I'll point out the obvious in the following quote ...
"The greatest blessing Hashut can bestow on his followers is the form of the bull as Dwarven bodies are twisted and ripped open to form the fearsome Bull Centaurs or to become a terrifying Minotaur, both of which are frequently seen on the Chaos Dwarf teams."

As you can see "both" minotaurs and bull centaurs are mentioned in the same sentence , so one could argue that the idea of minotaurs serving Hashut is just as acceptable as the idea of bull centaurs, which is one of the reasons I posted that particular quote. For those that find the idea of minotaurs as part of CD army appealing I posted that quote not so much to defend or establish "canon" for minotaurs in a CD army but to simply provide an example of GW explaining how and why minotaurs AND bull centaurs are created.

So sure you could have Minotaurs in a CD army/society just like you have bull centaurs , simply state that ...
"The greatest blessing Hashut can bestow on his followers is the form of the bull as Dwarven bodies are twisted and ripped open to form the fearsome Bull Centaurs or to become a terrifying Minotaur."

Hashut’s Blessing:

there’s no need to repost the quote and then restate your position - I agree that you can create a fluff-based reason for minotaurs, just that 1. I don’t see them in that context (partially, I guess, ecause it’s part MAN and part bull, not part DWARF and part bull) and 2. Bloodbowl fluff isn’t applicable in Warhammer terms (which is because they are separate dimensins of the same thing).