[Archive] Miroslavl'

The_Penguin:

Everything should be read with thick cartoony Russian accent

Some music to go with: Russian Folk Music - Night in Russia - YouTube

Zdravstvuy, traveller! Welcome to the jewel of our frozen lands the City-State of Miroslavl’. Our people has overcome many perils to settle here. We fought barbarians, orcs, goblins, snow elves, but we managed to survive and soon we will see our glorious city.

Miroslavl’ Militia

Like in most City-States we know of the bulk of the army is militia which consists of common citizens with basic training in handling weapons. Here we call them “Opolchenie”. In everyday life they are honest workers, traders and craftsmen, but when there is threat to our land they turn into unyielding force that even the Snow giants are afraid of.

Miroslavl’ Heavy Spearmen

More than once in our history we had to encounter heavily armored infantry and cavalry. The most efficient way to deal with them is to use artillery. When you lack it or melee fight is inevitable then these are the guys to do the job.

Miroslavl’ Dwarven Scouts

We here, welcome all other races who know what honest work is and how to be friendly to others. That is why almost third of the population of our fair Miroslavl’ is dwarfs. We have much in common: we both are sturdy, resilient, like a good fight, a good drink. And beards, of course.

Having dwarfs as scouts might seem like a crazy idea. After all they are not known for being sneaky or too silent. However no other race can survive long enough on our snowy plains in blizzards, cover huge distances without getting frozen.

Miroslavl’ Izba

What you call huts or log-houses, we call “Izba”. Some other nations think of us as little more than barbarians because we have very few stone buildings and prefer to have our dwellings be short, sturdy and made of wood. However, what they do not realize is that wood is plenty in these lands, it is cheap, easy to build with and what is most important, it is much better for our cold winters. It keeps warm much better than any stone building ever will and requires much less to keep it that way.

Kolodets

Wells are very important for any settlement. And Miroslavl’ has plenty of those. To keep body and spirit in shape many citizens would bath with icy water from wells like this.

Aren’t you frozen yet?

Admiral:

Beautiful work! As ever. I really like the palette and the scenery, and the model choices. Frigid winds and smell of vodka. Are the shield emblems transfers? Great work all around! :slight_smile:

The_Penguin:

Beautiful work! As ever. I really like the palette and the scenery, and the model choices. Frigid winds and smell of vodka. Are the shield emblems transfers? Great work all around! :)

Admiral
Thank you very much, drug ("friend", not "drug":D)!

I would say kvas, rather than vodka. Drinking strong alcohol in such cold is suicide! :o

No they are freehand painted.

Admiral:

Haha, right enough! :smiley:

Freehand! My gosh, you’ve got a really deft hand at it! So consistent over all shields! Really impressive mate!

Uther the unhinged:

Freehand!!!

Wow. Now I feel inferior.

Awesome work. Scenery seriously nice.

By the way do you ever sleep? Or are you like very fast AND good?

Keep it coming whatever.

Abecedar:

They are all very nice (for mere dwarfs)

Got more in the works?

The_Penguin:

Haha, right enough! :D

Freehand! My gosh, you've got a really deft hand at it! So consistent over all shields! Really impressive mate!

Admiral
Thanks a lot! :hat off
Freehand!!!
Wow. Now I feel inferior.
Awesome work. Scenery seriously nice.

By the way do you ever sleep? Or are you like very fast AND good?
Keep it coming whatever.

Uther the unhinged
Well, to be honest, I do have this army almost complete. So the pictures I show are just portions of already done miniatures.
The army was started in late August. So I am not THAT fast. :~:D Dark elves are the next army I'm working one along with finishing this one.
They are all very nice (for mere dwarfs)
Got more in the works?

Abecedar
Indeed I do! :cheers

And here is some more: :D

Music to go with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4iDAqTglzQ

Streltsi with spears

Streltsi is a relatively modern type of troop in Miroslavl'. As you can see they are less armoured than we are accustomed to, but they are more mobile and are perfect for fighting on city streets. Our fair city was breached more than once in the past a d every time our brave streltsi drove the invaders away.

Streltsi with handguns

To your language "Streltsi" can be translated as "Shooters", and indeed the main aim and goal of these troops is to fire volley after volley of bullets at our enemies. Unfortunately we cannot afford to have a lot of them. Miroslavl' plains are rich in wood but most of our metals and gunpowder we have to buy from dwarfs. It is expensive, but since we and dwarfs are so much alike and thus friends, we have no shortage of supplies.

Miroslavl' cannons

Speaking of being friends with dwarfs..... They taught us a lot, but in many things they are still far better. Making cannons is one thing. Most of them are of dwarven origin and are manned by both himans and dwarfs. Humans are fast and able, dwarfs are crafty and experienced.

Do you have any friends among dwarfs? )

Admiral:

I sure hope I have friends among Dwarfs, because at least 50% of all my conscious thoughts revolve around them… :smiley:

Excellent work on the streltsi and cannons! Beautiful, clean and colourful paintjobs!

The_Penguin:

I sure hope I have friends among Dwarfs, because at least 50% of all my conscious thoughts revolve around them... :D

Excellent work on the streltsi and cannons! Beautiful, clean and colourful paintjobs!

Admiral
Thanks a lot! :D

More to come soon!

tjub:

Said it before, but its a great looking army you got going here! I like the heavy theme a lot, thanks for sharing. :slight_smile: