[Archive] Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts (04/04 2019)

Admiral:

Greetings! This log will contain all non-evil dwarf related commercial sculpts of mine.

First out, a few of the storage vessels etc. I’m sculpting for Zealot Miniatures to be cast for dungeon detail kits. They’ll pick and choose suitable sculpts at their leisure. Night Goblin for scale. From left to right: Giant seashell plate with seeds, dirt or suchlike plus skull; pot; square glass flask; rope bundle; eel trap cage; ceramic plates pile; crude twig pot:

Reference picture below, upon which most sculpts of this order will be roughly based. Blue stars are finished slots:

Comments and critiscism are as welcome as ever! :hat off

Bloodbeard:

This is some nice stuff Admiral - as always. If I was a rich man, I would jump on all these kinds of goodies. Alters, doors, braziers, flasks.

Cool dungeon stuff and thing to add details to terrain.

But as a hobby code of mine is “on the budget”, the cool things always end om seeming too expensive.

Super psyched you’ve got a comissioned job for sculpting, that is nice.

Admiral:

Thank you, Bloodbeard! Though this/these kit/s won’t technically be too expensive for you since you’ll have a freebie sample of each one as per routine. :stuck_out_tongue:

1/4 of items done:

Dînadan:

Nice work Admiral.  Like the Assyrian/Chaos Dwarf statuette on the far right :wink:

Edit: is that a rat I spy nibbling on the platter of food? Lol

Bloodbeard:

Have they expressed how many they would like to include in their set? If you’ve done 1/4 = 13. You’re gonna make them 52 different sculpts? That’s a huge amount of small bits and bobs. Lovely.

A 52 item set with the above would be enough to make a great looking market place - and they all have that CD kindda twist to them.

Perhaps I should include an old market place in my Frostgrave build.

Admiral:

@Dînadan: Thanks! Indeed it is, no dungeon should be too healthy. Expect some maggots, bugs and rats on incoming items.

@Bloodbeard: They have not. Zealot Miniatures approached me in an open-ended way which has allowed for lots of creative freedom, which is always a good spur to get the work done. I would be much surprised if they actually made kit/s out of all the clutter sculpts.

The idea here is partly to try and make a good first impression when sculpting for a company, and partly to do what I myself would have liked to see had I been in their clothes: A huge lot of items to pick and choose from at leisure, and then perhaps request a few more of this or that for whatever kit theme one might have in mind. I expect most of the sculpts to be unrequired overflow, but I can always use any rejects in future kits of my own. :slight_smile:

As for numbers, it’ll probably fluctuate a bit still, but 50-60 sculpts is what I’m aiming for at the moment, with the possibility of further still should anyone have good ideas for must-have inclusions.

You should definitely include a market square. No town is complete without one!

Roughly 1/3 of sculpts done, including oil lamps and law code stele based on Hammurabi’s 4000 year old one (so no copyright issues there!):

Fuggit Khan:

Roughly 1/3 of sculpts done, including  law code stele based on Hammurabi's 4000 year old one (so no copyright issues there!):

Admiral
What a wonderful historical touch that is...very Chaos Dwarfish, especially since part of the codes deal with slavery and metal working contracts.
The Aladdin's lamps are cool too :cheers

Jackswift:

These are looking great. Would love to have a set of these for basing and similar. Will definitely have to keep an eye out for them from Zealot. The Stele is my favorite among these. Very true to the theme, and very well done!

Darkmeer:

May I ask are you starting these in ProCreate and adding Greenstuff later?  Or are you using Greystuff as the base for the sculpts?  I’m genuinely curious about your process for sculpting and what materials you use for each section of the sculpt.

:hat They look great, and I really hope they pick up on them.  If they don’t then, hopefully, you can find a way to get them cast.

Admiral:

@Fuggit Khan: Thank you! :cheers

@Jackswift: Thanks! Let’s see how much stuff Zealot decides to cast in the end.

@Darkmeer: Thanks! Grey stuff bases and green stuff covers and details. Grey stuff is overall an inferior material fit for filling, but can be great for sculpting stone and ceramic surfaces.

Various small stuff done, including scrying ball, ammonite, sharp crystal and a footless statuette based on Venus of Willendorf:

Bloodbeard:

A great collection my friend. Will be perfect for treasure counters and dungeon crawlers.

Which movie had the “you sack of wine!”? Was it gladiator?

Dînadan:

If only GW hadn’t canned Fantasy and jumped over to the CAD sculpting bandwagon you could have had a nice carrier sculpting a new Chaos Dwarf range Admiral :slight_smile:

Fuggit Khan:

Which movie had the "you sack of wine!"? Was it gladiator?

Bloodbeard
I think it was Troy?

Admiral:

@Bloodbeard: Thank you kindly! I hope many players will find use for the items.

@Dînadan: I’ll freelance it, then. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Fuggit Khan: Yep, Troy.

About half of the clutter pieces are finished now, including an ornate cauldron based upon one panel of the Celtic silver importware Gundestrup cauldron unearthed in Denmark of all wretched places:

Bloodbeard:

Lovely work, so many great little pieces in there.

What’s the SIMs green bubble ting supposed to be?

Abecedar:

Crikey.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Darkmeer:

Wow. That is a lot of sculpting. Its excellent work, Admiral. Please keep doing more of this!

Fuggit Khan:

Beautiful sculpts Admiral, and such an incredible amount of diverse subjects :o

unearthed in Denmark of all wretched places:

Admiral
Hahaha! I love the friendly Sweden/Denmark “rivalry” :cheers

Jackswift:

Ace work on the cauldron and stele (and the baskets, and the sculptures, and… everything else). Awesome level, design, and craftsmanship in the details!

Admiral:

@Bloodbeard: Thank you! It’s just a random sharp crystal.

@Abecedar: No worries, mate.

@Darkmeer: Thanks a lot! There’s still some dozen more pieces to go for this kit, and after that I’ve promised my brother to sculpt a monopose Elven archer, some Elf bitz and othe Elf miniatures. I hope Zealot miniatures will be interested in having a few very decorated Elf and Dwarf dungeon clutter bitz in their range a bit later on, for it’s fun to sculpt this small stuff. Maybe some specific historic styles, too, such as Chinese and Maya, should they be interested.

@Fuggit Khan: Thank you kindly! :hat off

That friendly rivalry (we’ve got something similar jokey between us and Norwegians, and Finns, though not rivalry) was born out of a world record attempt at most wars fought between two states in history. There’s a couple of eastern Anatolian bronze age kingdoms that contends for that precious prize, however. Nothing like bashing your neighbour!

@Jackswift: Too kind. Thank you! :cheers

Skull time:

This is why amphorae have pointy bases. Sticking them in sand is an ancient storage solution, particularly onboard ships:

And a churn: