[Archive] Miscellaneous Miniatures

Ghrask Dragh:

.A thread for my non-Chaos Dwarf miniatures.

There is a reason for my less than frequant:~ updates in my Chaos Dwarf thread, I’m not just doing nothing, I usually see a shiny miniature somewhere on my desk and get distracted from what I should be doing! so I thought I would give you guys some reasons for not doing my Cds, and create somewhere to put all these excuses for all the future distractions I will inevitably suffer.

To start with…

Dwarf Lord

Aswell as more Dwarfs you can expect Orcs, Ogryns, Preachers of Nurgle and Vampires!!

Xander:

Must… convert into… chaos dwarf…

Hehe, nice stuff!

Uzkul Werit:

I’ve seen that conversion done someplace but I can’t for the life of me think where. Excellent paint job. The neutral colours fit together a treat.

furrie:

looks realy awsome

Xander:

I've seen that conversion done someplace but I can't for the life of me think where. Excellent paint job. The neutral colours fit together a treat.

Uzkul Werit
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/images/chaos-dwarf_germanry-golden-demon-2006_silver.jpg
chaos-dwarf_germanry-golden-demon-2006_silver.jpg
GeOrc

GRNDL:

Aswell as more Dwarfs you can expect Orcs, Ogryns, Preachers of Nurgle and Vampires!!

Ghrask Dragh
I know the feeling! I get bounced from idea to idea, army to army, model to model and its only by actually working on an idea to some extent that I can get on with what's left of my life. My workshop is filled with half finished projects and stillborn armies. Its fun though, which is why I do it I guess, but also the reason I don't have many armies over 700 pts!

The dwarf is very nice and of course, I'm no stranger to that model, nor the CD conversion of it. I like the paint scheme on the dwarf, Ghask - its very rustic and subdued. That guy looks like a dwarf from Dwarf Fortress - tired, proud and about to go home after a day of choppin' wood, but for a moment he ponders his dream of crafting the Masterpiece Artifact Garak'gram Gi'tuk, a table leg inscribed with detailed engravings of elephants and dwarves. The elephants are trampling the dwarves. :)

(if you haven't played Dwarf Fortress... what kind of dwarf are you?)

Pyro Stick:

I've seen that conversion done someplace but I can't for the life of me think where. Excellent paint job. The neutral colours fit together a treat.

Uzkul Werit
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/images/chaos-dwarf_germanry-golden-demon-2006_silver.jpg
chaos-dwarf_germanry-golden-demon-2006_silver.jpg
GeOrc

Xander
I think there should be a stickied thread in the hobby section for this model since it crops up about once every few weeks and no one can remember where they saw it then someone needs to go over to HoH to find the thread then find the pics etc etc blah.

Awesome model Ghrask Dragh. Great paint job.

Kera foehunter:

Great paint job on the dwarf lord i to get very distracted . Thats why i have 7 figures painted and a bunch of figures that are made in green stuff

Grongi Blackbeard:

thats probabli the best painted dwarf i’ve ever seen. keep it up :DD

Ghrask Dragh:

Thanks very much guys and girl!

I know the feeling! I get bounced from idea to idea, army to army, model to model and its only by actually working on an idea to some extent that I can get on with what’s left of my life. My workshop is filled with half finished projects and stillborn armies. Its fun though, which is why I do it I guess, but also the reason I don’t have many armies over 700 pts!
Great paint job on the dwarf lord i to get very distracted . Thats why i have 7 figures painted and a bunch of figures that are made in green stuff
I’m not the only one :slight_smile: I very rarely complete a full army because of this disability, half way through a unit (army if I’m lucky) I’ll get a new idea and stray off into something else :rolleyes: with my Chaos Dwarf army I’m keeping it on the table so hopefully I’ll get back around to it soon.
thats probabli the best painted dwarf i’ve ever seen. keep it up
Mine or the purple one? :slight_smile:

@Xander and Pyro - could you guys maybe replace the pics with just a link to the Golden Deamon page? as much as I like the mini it’s a bit of a pain to scroll through. Thanks.

Another Dwarf…

Grimdalf

Didn’t use any inks with this one, just basic painting. I really like this miniature from Hasslefree, my first Hasslefree miniature!

Xander:

@Xander and Pyro - could you guys maybe replace the pics with just a link to the Golden Deamon page? as much as I like the mini it's a bit of a pain to scroll through. Thanks.

Ghrask Dragh
Done and done. :hat off

Ghrask Dragh:

Thank You.

Some WIP’s…

torn:

ha ha grimdalf! i loved painting that mini. i think mine is practically identical to your in colours except i painted the globe on the end of the staff in vallejo model colour fluorescent yellow. i was very temped to do stars and moons on his robe but decided against it as i have no skill. i think you have skill though, why not risk it lol

i am loving the limited pallete effect on that dwarf lord.

Ghrask Dragh:

Grimdalf is a awesome mini to paint, I am going to try the stars and moons on his apprentice (can’t remember his name?) the little one with all the books. I will definetly get another grimdalf one day when my painting improves some more, one of those mini’s you always think can look better :slight_smile:

Now I need your help guys and girls, I have painted myself into a corner with the new Vlad model.

I need advice on what colour to paint the cloak. I plan to go with a pretty normal skin colour but if somebody can think of something that will go with the bluey pale flesh colour you see on vampires sometimes. I also plan for the back fur to be white/grey like a wolf but again could be changed.

Anyway could I please get some advice…

Balseraph:

What is name this “red” colour in this picture? it is mix some colours?