[Archive] moddeling slaves

aesineir:

slaves are an integeral part of chaos dwarf culture i was wondering if anyone could tell me some of their ideas on how to make slave mnis. any help would be appreciated.

Baggronor:

Flagellants make good random human slaves (plastic too).

Goblins, Orcs, Marauders, all good too.

A more interesting method may be to mix them up, so goblins, humans, the occasional dwarf or elf, etc. Maybe put 4 on a monster base and have them all chained together. Even an ogre slave that counts as 4 guys?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Slaves are simple enough. Just use other models and use painting to make their skin less colourful. Another option is to buy some thin chain and glue that to wristbands on models (marauders have excellent wristbands for this) and belts etc, or get some thick thread and tie it to them and tie the together. To help make them look even more emaciated, you ould replace some of their bodies/limbs/some heads with zombie parts.

tjub:

I used flagelants for mine…

AGPO:

As others have said flagelents are good. One key when modeling slaves is to be careful of the bitz you use; don’t give them anything too shiney or well made. Think converting skaven slaves form the clanrats boxed set and you won’t be too far off. Avoid heavy or elaborate clothing, armour and weapons. blemished robes, bare arms and scraggy beards work well

Kera foehunter:

Any human army would make great slaves

high elfs would make good ones

astragoth:

i think you should mix orcs, skavens and flagelants, i have never tryed it myself but i think at least it would work pretty good