[Archive] Models to use as Bull centaurs

kalz:

As title would suggest I am looking for Models to represent Bull centaurs, my first idea was the centigors from the beastmen range, however any better ideas i would be more than happy to hear, sadly I don’t own any of the old models and as a personal opinion I am not too keen on them either

Immortal Scrub:

Centigors seem to be a solid option with some kind of head swap to make them look more like dwarves who have been mutated by Hashut. The only issue is they’re metal so any kind of conversion you want to do will be annoying.

Something to keep in mind is it was recently announced that Forgeworld is currently working on BC models (as well as K’daai Fireborn and a Destroyer model). You could always wait to see what they look like.

kalz:

ah hadn’t heard about BC models i saw the fireborn ( i personally hate them and like my own conversions for them) hope the destroyer is nice so can use it with mine to have 2 in my collection :stuck_out_tongue: also forgot they were metal :\ yea makes it harder to work with

Da Crusha:

some people just use chaos knights and glue the knight body to the body of the steed.

nilbog:

Centigors are a bit skinny for bull centaurs. They will work (try making scale armour out of green stuff to cover the body and some of the legs) but I think you’re better off using chaos knights - good scope for lots of conversion, as long as you get the plastic ones!

Da Crusha:

chaos knights are also a lot cheaper and look a lot better for bcs than centigors IMO

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Centigors are too skinny and Chaos Knights are too big for a dwarven torso. Neither is ideal.

Bolg:

Use marauder hores and dwarf slayer torsos. Or atleast that’s what I did and I think it looks quite good. (check my blog for pics)

vulcanologist:

I followed Tjub’s method of BFSP grudge ponies and dwarf torsos.

Baggronor:

Juggernauts? They are big enough. I’d prefer to just make CDs riding bull-horned Juggernauts myself, but if you want to do actual centaurs maybe Jugger bodies with Ogre torsos?

Or just wait for FW’s BCs :slight_smile:

zhangyi:

Juggernauts? They are big enough. I'd prefer to just make CDs riding bull-horned Juggernauts myself, but if you want to do actual centaurs maybe Jugger bodies with Ogre torsos?

Or just wait for FW's BCs :)

Baggronor
the problem is... what's the base size of these BCs? i suppose they're 40*40 ?

Baggronor:

FW have said 50x50mm. We haven't seen the minis yet but they have said this in various places.

zhangyi:

FW have said 50x50mm. We haven't seen the minis yet but they have said this in various places.

Baggronor
thanks. i thought they would be the fireborn's bases and seems i got wrong...

zhangyi:

Baggronor
thanks. i thought they would be the fireborn's bases and seems i got wrong...