[Archive] More Images of the New Dark Elves Surface!

Xander:

http://ulthuan-naggaroth.over-blog.com/article-19552840.html

More images at the link! :hat off

I am glad to see a return to form for the Cold Ones. I disliked the previous plastic cold ones. But the raptor-form has returned!

Baggronor:

Not entirely impressed really, which is a shame as they are one of my favourite armies. The Cold Ones themselves are very nice but the riders are awful, like the ghastly 5th ed ones. I don’t like this new trend for going backwards. The previous Cold One Knights were much better, they just never seem able to have cool knights with cool Cold Ones in the same edition, its like a Druchii law or something. The Beast masters are similarly dire, the 6th ed ones were fantastic. The corsairs aren’t terrible, but again the current metals are much better I reckon. The Hydra is a bit cool though :slight_smile:

Gamezone’s Dark Elf range are vastly superior. http://www.gamezoneminiatures.com/

Although their website sucks.:hat

Ah well, as long as the army list is up to scratch I won’t mind so much. Been meaning to sculpt some Dark Elves for a while :slight_smile:

Sojourn:

I like 'em :slight_smile: well, the riders… not the “steeds”. it’s the armour. I’d love to paint it :slight_smile:

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

oh no what have they done the hydra :sick the rest ok. but why are the druchii bold elves are the only army you can’t have bold and i’m worryed about the chariot with the new cold one’s but the high born on cold one is the only good looking one :frowning:

Kera foehunter:

Man!!! that hydra looks cr*ppy!!!The witch elf sorceress look good!! must see cold one in person. maybe gw shouldn’t do are figures!!!

Sousunou:

still not convinced to buy them. I await a few better pics cos they are a bit muddy on this pc… Eagerly awaiting the preview in WD

Grimstonefire:

The corsairs and characters are very nice.  Cold Ones look pretty good, but the riders are terribly monopose.

Anyone wanting a decent (or indecent) DE sorceress should get the Avatars of War one.

Those corsairs would be very good for bloodbowl.

wallacer:

Well, they’re no worse than the current range.

I must admit, I hoped the Hydra would look better.

Father Grumpmas:

Not seeing a massive improvement on what is currently available.

More plastics will be good for DE players but the new CO knights don’t look that great, despite the cool new CO itself, and the hydra is very average.

Well, they're no worse than the current range.
I must admit, I hoped the Hydra would look better.

wallacer
what!the current one are great:hashut

cornixt:

The current hydra is a pain to put together. Mine is still half pinned and not finished

Willmark:

Isn’t your Hellcannon in the same state of “readiness” seems to be a pattern here… :wink:

cornixt:

Far too much of my stuff is in a half-finished state. I’m great at starting projects, not so good at finishing! My hellcannon is at least in a paintable state (a lot easier to paint it before the final gluing), the hydra isn’t even nearly ready

The current hydra is a pain to put together. Mine is still half pinned and not finished

cornixt
that is true :hat

Xander:

That Gamezone website is so broken. It cries tears of blood and calls our to be helped. If I spoke that language I would feel compelled to make them a better website. Their miniatures are quite nice, afterall.

Grish:

Yeah, they are. I’m half tempted to ask someone in the UK currently to bring me back some as i can’t find a place online to order them for a decent price.

ok corsairs:sick hydra:sick cold one riders look like blood knight :hat off high born on CO :hat off sorceress on foot :hat off on CO :sick chariot :sick bolt thrower on game zone 2 :hat off dred lord :o what were they thinking with this new army they loke more undead then alive have you seen the corsairs face’s i’m just going to wait and see if anymore good modal come out

Hashut’s Blessing:

I like the crests on the hydras head, to be honest, but haven’t a clue what’s happened to the body of it. I dislike the cold ones for druchii, but love them for lizardmen. I think the different climates and possibly breeding could be reason for the difference. I like the beefiness of the (old) druchii ones and the raptorness of the lizardmen ones. The CO Knights look too stiff and monopose as too many models were… it appears to be the same sorceress in a different pose, with some magic, but I do like the use of magic being modelled on. The mounted sorceress has too much armour. The dreadlord’s top knot is ridiculous, he has a warrior priest’s metal collar, Slaaneshi style armour and a ridiculous looking weapon. The corsair with handbow looks like a misplaced drenai… The second one just looks odd, with a Chaosesque star on his collar. The corsairs look completely unlike sailors-turned-raiders and the squid is funny, when that’s not something I associate with DE. I don’t think corsairs would parade a squid when they could have better trophies…

Just my opinion and an overall disappointment.

I like the crests on the hydras head, to be honest, but haven't a clue what's happened to the body of it. I dislike the cold ones for druchii, but love them for lizardmen. I think the different climates and possibly breeding could be reason for the difference. I like the beefiness of the (old) druchii ones and the raptorness of the lizardmen ones. The CO Knights look too stiff and monopose as too many models were... it appears to be the same sorceress in a different pose, with some magic, but I do like the use of magic being modelled on. The mounted sorceress has too much armour. The dreadlord's top knot is ridiculous, he has a warrior priest's metal collar, Slaaneshi style armour and a ridiculous looking weapon. The corsair with handbow looks like a misplaced drenai... The second one just looks odd, with a Chaosesque star on his collar. The corsairs look completely unlike sailors-turned-raiders and the squid is funny, when that's not something I associate with DE. I don't think corsairs would parade a squid when they could have better trophies...

Just my opinion and an overall disappointment.

Hashut's Blessing
i agree totally disappointing i think they thought VC were a good sell but they don't have to make all there modals like that i'm a new DE player and i was drawn to them 'cos of there modal's but now.
P.S the corsair have terrbile armour if they fell off there ship they'd have no chance
P.S.S and a hydra has 8 heads not 4

zorn sabretooth:

de don’t have bows!!!