[Archive] More trendsetting stuff from AoW!

rabotak:

great find cornixt, that made my day! :slight_smile:

Baggronor:

Nicely sculpted, and I like the weapon too. I do think he could be far, far more horrible-looking though.

Bassman:

Cornixt, when I saw that picture and the line "There's a lot more in the wiki than you think..." I shuddered involuntarily.

zobo1942
Hahhahaahaha. made me laugh (:

Bolg
Me tooo ahahahha :D

Well, Felix sculpture is cool, well executed but a little boring... but the weapon is really cool! I like it... even as a pizza cutter.

stephanavich:

It would be nicer if it was scaled up, and was on a 40mm base, to replace http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440042a&prodId=prod1170237

The greater daemon is fugly. I won’t buy it because I prefer the cheaper GW alternative. Wait, what? GW actually… cheaper?!? What is the world coming to?

cornixt:

great find cornixt, that made my day! :)

rabotak
My daughter got it as a present at the weekend, so it was instant recognition. Oddly, she also got an old Playmobil ship and that thread got resurrected.

Not too keen on the Herald, it's just a baby Unclean One. There seem to be so many Nurgle models and they all seem so similar.

Zuh-Khinie:

I think it’s kinda hard to do something new with a nurgle model… they’ll always look the same to me. Bloated with puss-ridden apendages.

Though I like the fluff for nurgle, together with Khorne I find it’s followers the most boring miniatures on the chaos market. Even alternative miniature companies seem to produce the same model over and over again, only in various sizes.

That ofcourse doesn’t mean that the above shown model is poorly executed… because it is a fine sculpt, but still… I find it nothing spectacular.

I’ll admit defeat the day I see a Khorne or Nurgle model that makes me go ‘Wohw’ :slight_smile:

Fallen246:

It would be nicer if it was scaled up, and was on a 40mm base, to replace http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440042a&prodId=prod1170237

The greater daemon is fugly. I won't buy it because I prefer the cheaper GW alternative. Wait, what? GW actually... cheaper?!? What is the world coming to?

stephanavich
Actually, that's a fair point. Sort of.

What I mean is, why doesn't Felix sculpt any particuarly large creatures? Well, larger than minotaurs and the Kroxigor look-a-like?

Thommy H:

Casting costs for large figures are generally prohibitively expensive for small companies. They’d be unlikely to shift enough units to make back the investment.

Baggronor:

Casting costs for large figures are generally prohibitively expensive for small companies. They'd be unlikely to shift enough units to make back the investment.
They generally use multiple moulds, which is extra inconvenience. Why spend 2 moulds on one model that is also difficult to post, when each of those moulds can produce 10 different guys who all sell for a fiver each and appeal to different audiences? Actually, I`ll tell you why - because huge monsters are freaking cool! The same way rank and file troopers are worth doing, even though they aren`t efficient either....this is why I can`t do this for a living...get carried away too easily...
I'll admit defeat the day I see a Khorne or Nurgle model that makes me go 'Wohw'
The Khorne Lord on Juggernaut? He is pretty special imo.