[Archive] More trendsetting stuff from AoW!

Thommy H:

Felix once again mines the rich seams of his unique and original imagination to produce something never before seen. Bask in his genius, consumers.

snowblizz:

An we his paying customers are thankful at least someone makes models of any actual use.

vulcanologist:

I like his stuff he’s a great sculpter an yes it’s very playable and obviously makes money( which is of course his aim! ) but I agree Thommy come on Felix… A little originality would be nice!

Time of Madness:

Surprised he released this considering GW just released a Nurgle Herald (or a model that could easily be used as a herald).

Time of Madness

Hashut’s Blessing:

I think it’s a very well done piece and looks pretty dang cool.

Would be nice to see him use those talents on a race of his own creation too though.

zobo1942:

I quite like the weapon.

Spikes:

Felix once again mines the rich seams of his unique and original imagination to produce something never before seen. Bask in his genius, consumers.

Thommy H
You know it's not obvious when someone's sarcastic over written text/forums...But then you could have been even less straight forward.

Thommy H:

It’s always obvious when I’m being sarcastic: if there is any content in my post (words, pictures, etc.), that post is sarcastic.

snowblizz:

It's always obvious when I'm being sarcastic: if there is any content in my post (words, pictures, etc.), that post is sarcastic.

Thommy H
Indeed. It was totally obvious to me.

I too really like the weapon.
I'm undecided on the rest of the miniature. All Nurgle stuff looks exactly the same to me. I do, however, as always judge the miniature on how it looks not who made it and for what purpose.

Would have preferred a Slaanesh herald though.

Grimstonefire:

To be fair to felix this model is more unique than all the others I’ve seen.

Plaguebearers are obviously skinny, so whilst this does fall half way between a PB and GUO it’s not a direct copy of an existing theme imo.

Incidently, as this has reminded me, expect plastic plaguebearers from GW next summer (as rumoured).

AGPO:

Awesome news on the plastic plaguebearers Grim! I’m with you on the originality - this model doesn’t resemble any plaguebearer model GW have released. It’s a very nice piece actually and I’l be getting one to add to my daemon army.

Felix is a guy who makes his living from sculpting miniatures. He’ll obviously sculpt what he thinks will sell, and he makes very good proxies that people want to buy. If more people made such high quality proxies for GW models, the hobby as a whole would benefit from the competition. Regardless, we have had the ‘Avatars of War are sooooo unoriginal’ discussion plenty of times and it’s worn thin. Let’s keep this to a discussion of the quality of the sculpt rather than rehash the same old debate please.

Thommy H:

Hey, it’s my thread! I think it’s obvious I made it precisely so we could have the same old debate…

ryanamandaanna:

I like this model quite a bit; I think He would make a great standard bearer for a daemon army…

wallacer:

Is that weapon he’s carrying a pizza cutter?

AGPO:

it looks more like a lizardman weapon than anything else. I like it though, it says ‘reaper’ without being so obvious as to go for a scythe.

khedyarl:

I am totally going to forge myself a pizza cutter that looks like that.

cornixt:

The weapon reminded me of this:

zobo1942:

Cornixt, when I saw that picture and the line “There’s a lot more in the wiki than you think…” I shuddered involuntarily.

BeeZharr:

It’s a good quality sculpt but it is blatantly a great unclean one that has shrunk in the wash (it’s why they never clean). Do nurgle style things count as archetype? Not sure they do…

Bolg:

Cornixt, when I saw that picture and the line "There's a lot more in the wiki than you think..." I shuddered involuntarily.

zobo1942
Hahhahaahaha. made me laugh (: