[Archive] Moscals

dedwrekka:

It's just my inexpert opinion that the casts, while good, I wouldn't call professional.
Exactly. Why should anyone revise their expectations down? If someone is charging money for a product, I expect that product to be professionally made - that's what the word means.

He comes from a converting background, not a sculpting background, but the second he starts producing unique figures for sale he has to be judged against the Kev Whites, Andy Fosters, Felixes, Werner Klockes and even Tom Meiers of the industry, not Little Johnny EBay with his green stuffed conversions.

Thommy H
Ummm, no. First, you've taken my post out of context. What I said was that the casts aren't in the professional style, not that the sculpts aren't professional.

Second, a lot of sculptors now come from a conversion background, because that's where skill with greenstuff starts for a lot of us. You overcome the problems and challenges with sculpting on the small scale, and then try the challenges of larger scales. Jes Goodwin has even said in an interview that he began his sculpting career with conversions. Also, most of his stuff for the past few years has been one off sculpts, not conversions (Those aren't really heroic scale "Marines").

Third, it's not really fair to compare artists, because it's just not what the art is about. You like it or you don't, who anyone thinks is better doesn't mean anything beyond what it means to them. Art should stand on it's own two feet, and I believe the sculpts by Scibor do that fairly well.

Thommy H:

I believe the sculpts by Scibor do that fairly well.
I don't.

Zanko:

I just want to say … I like the minis. :wink:

They are not so cool as the old 3rd edition GW ones, but nonetheless cool! :hat off

I want to ask if anyone (who ownes the Moscals) can post a pic with the Moscal and a GW mini together so that I/we can see the possible scale difference?!?!

:hashut

Scion:

I quite like then. Very “imperial”.

Kera foehunter:

need more Pirates

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.