[Archive] Most consolidated/united faction in the Warhammer World?

Mr.Hardrada:

Hello all,

I recently joined the Dawi Zharr and I was curious as to what is the most consolidated/united faction in the warhammer world. My vote goes for Lizardmen or Chaos Dwarfs as I don’t hear the Slaan arguing over much but if anyone has any proof of that then please tell me.  The Dawi Zharr seem to have a harsh political system and are constantly scheming but don’t seem to break into all out war (except for the whole black orc thing). I look forward to your responses.:cheers

Dr.Mojo:

I’d say Bretonnia. Besides the potential Vampire-Skavenish uprise in the Mousillion Realm, all of the others show quite a singular case of unity.

Kera foehunter:

Dwarfs because if there was no dwarfs there be no Chaos dwarfs. or slayer Dwarfs

snowblizz:

I'd say Bretonnia. Besides the potential Vampire-Skavenish uprise in the Mousillion Realm, all of the others show quite a singular case of unity.

Dr.Mojo
Not heard of the Affair of the False Grail then.

Many, many, maaaany years ago there was a series on civil wars in Warhammer. The conclusion was basically that at some point everyone has fought among themselves. Some more than others of course.

Thommy H:

All the forces of Order tend to be nominally unified under one ruler, and all the forces of Destruction are pretty fractious, as a general rule. Out of all the good guys, The Empire is probably the most philosophically unified nation around, with a manifest destiny which every sub-faction adheres to. The Dwarfs as well are probably all on the same side when it comes down to it, but the fractured nature of their current state means you probably can’t think of them as “united”. They have one High King, but I get the impression it’s mostly every hold for itself. The High Elves and Wood Elves both have some slight rebel elements in their borders, and Bretonnia may not count depending on whether you consider Mousillon a corrupted element of their nation, or just cede it to the Vampire Counts for the purposes of this discussion. Even Lizardmen, despite sharing common goals, are really a collection of sovereign nations, who sometimes just go and do their own thing.

But, really, every race in the game has been given sufficient motivation to start a civil war, just like how they all have good reasons to fight each other. Warhammer is a setting that exists to facilitate endless tabletop carnage - it doesn’t hold up as an actual world - so it should be no surprise that everyone can fight everyone else.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hey Thommy H…you forgot to mention Tomb Kings…goverened little “Pocket Nations” that war with themselves as to who’s the better king. - and they’re a “Neutral” army.

Thommy H:

Yeah, I lumped the two neutrals in with the forces of Destruction, since its exactly their fractious nature that means they aren’t aligned with either side! Ogres and Tomb Kings are obviously therefore not candidates for being the “most unified faction”.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

…probably they can be voted as “Least likely to share brotherly affection”.

Mr.Hardrada:

I forgot about dwarves so that does make sense. I know the empire is united under one ruler but they seem to have civil wars every once and a while. It seems a common trend is the more populous and powerful factions never get along as that would lead to the end of the world with the exception of the empire which(just like in 40k) is constantly get slapped around. Thanks for your responses.

Kera foehunter:

I see Dwarf as a neutrals army. They only help if there gold,There no love loss between the elves. And for human they have money and buy there produce.

Dwarfs are content to live in there own Kingdom .Unless there someone trying to steal from them

Thommy H:

Dwarfs look after their own and have a strong tendency towards greed, but they have a deep-seated dislike of Chaos and all its servants, and of course they despise greenskins and Skaven. So, both culturally and personally, they have a gruff exterior, but their hearts are in the right place.

See also: every version of dwarfs/dwarves in every fantasy setting ever.

Kera foehunter:

I think they are Harden because they are the last of there race.

There honor is what make them… If the Empire did wrong to the Dwarfs

they would be attacked and put in the grudge book too

Why do you think Chaos dwarf hate the dwarf and they where kin

Mr.Hardrada:

Well with how gw treats the dwarfs they have to be united. Every armybook release destroys a hold or too. I wouldn’t be surprised if Karaz Ankor falls to the wood elves:P Seriously the dwarves don’t have time for petty squabbles it seems.

Kera foehunter:

Nor does the chaos dwarfs… But as for the dwarfs there can always be lost dwarf colonies

in other parts of the gw world to come home and help there brethren !

Far east and lustria And the Nordic region.

sorta how the chaos dwarfs did .

Mr.Hardrada:

I imagine chaos dwarfs keep the assassinations/ stabbings in the back to a minimum out of how small a faction they are compared to the larger powers.

Skink:

…Sorry to drive the conversation slightly off topic but to answer Mr.Ardrada’s first post: there has been a clash of different Lizardmen factions over the possession of some Slaan remains. It’s stated in their armybook’s timeline.

Mr.Hardrada:

Thanks Skink. I didn’t know that as I have yet to get their armybook.

Skink:

You welcome :hat off. I’m always happy to divulge some good old Lizardmen lore (now this forum is about CDs isn’t it?)

Grimstonefire:

I can’t imagine there being Dwarfs in Lustria.  Not enough for a hold even as aside from Barak Varr they pretty much hate boats.

I would actually be tempted to say the High Elves.

They’re almost all stuck on an island facing the same fate.  Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.  They also have the citizen levy system, so that must unite them as a race.

Kera foehunter:

I can't imagine there being Dwarfs in Lustria.  Not enough for a hold even as aside from Barak Varr they pretty much hate boats.

I would actually be tempted to say the High Elves.

They're almost all stuck on an island facing the same fate.  Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.  They also have the citizen levy system, so that must unite them as a race.

Grimstonefire
Well a little to much rum there Grims
the hold was Karak Zorn its in the south land The south land which was part of Lustria before it split off.. but who knows :)