[Archive] Mother's day (don't forget)

Kera foehunter:

Well here in the U.S. Its mother day… So don’t forget to call mom.

and don’t forget to get flower for your wife and mom too.

Sojourn:

haha, well, it’s Mother’s Day in Canada too, which means everyone is subjected to my cooking for breakfast and dinner. poor things.

if you don’t want to call your mom (and shame on you if that’s the case) send her an e-card. I sent this one to mine:

hahaha. it’s funny 'cause it’s true. :wink:

So Happy Mother’s Day to all the mom’s out there!

furrie:

Here in the Netherlands its motherday as well, I gave my mom some books

zorn sabretooth:

ha ha it isn’t in the uk

asheira:

my 3 year old nephew got my sister something tor mother’s day

he got her a bug!

3 year olds are so funny

wallacer:

I got my mother a bottle of wine.

Which is just as well since my brother always forgets (although to be fair he does live in the U.K., which celebrates Mothers day at a different time of year for some reason).

Hashut’s Blessing:

Because we invented it, probably :smiley: Someone from America said it was mother’s day to me earlier and I panicked, thinking I forgot :smiley:

wallacer:

Because we invented it, probably :D

Hashut's Blessing
I actually thought one of the U.S. presidents invented it, but I could be wrong. If I wasn't so lazy i'd Google it and find out :rolleyes:

Hashut’s Blessing:

I can’t be bothered. But, we must haveinvented our own one, hence why it’s different, he he he.

cornixt:

From what I remember, Mothering Sunday was the UK version that has been going since Victorian times. The wife of a US president created Mothers Day in the 1900s and the name got applied to the UK one, despite being on different days.

Kera foehunter:

Well i help put in a garden for mom and grandma Well they help By telling me i was doing it wronge!!! haha but anyway it in

zorn sabretooth:

why do people give stuff to their granma it’s called MOTHER’s day not MOTHER’S MOTHER day

Xander:

why do people give stuff to their granma it's called MOTHER's day not MOTHER'S MOTHER day

zorn sabretooth
Because grandmothers are mothers. It's not called "Your Mother's Day" it's "Mother's Day."

:hat off

Grish:

Very true. Doesn’t have to be your mother at all. In fact, I took out Xanders mother for mother’s day. She liked it.

Yer mooooooooooooooooom

Obsidian:

I lit a candle for my mom. Hope she rests well…

For everybody who still has theirs, treat every day as a mother’s day!