[Archive] Mourngul now available for pre order

Vogon:

From the newsletter

Hi there,

In today�?Ts newsletter we can announce that one of the most sinister creatures of the Warhammer world is available to pre-order now �?" the vile and savage Mourngul. With Christmas fast approaching we also have details of our ordering deadlines for the festive season, so read on for more�?�

Mourngul

Dreadful tales are told around huddled fires of those lost in the killing cold of a mountain winter, driven by famine and pain to hunt their own companions and former friends for their meat and the warmth of their blood. There is no salvation for these damned souls, for the horrors in which they indulge cannot save them and they become things neither dead nor alive �?" condemned to an eternity of empty hunger and terrible isolation.

Spite, desperation and malice force these thrice-damned creatures to linger beyond death, the most insidious and destructive winds of magic coiling about them to warp and twist their cadavers into inhuman proportions. Soon they become something neither ghost nor revenant �?" a Mourngul; a monstrous razor-thin shadow of cold flesh and cracked bone with a gaping maw of needle-teeth and a cavernous stomach that hangs open like a dreadful wound.

The Mourngul, designed by Edgar Skomorowski, is a finely detailed multi-part resin model. Redolent with sinister menace, this creature stands 5.5" (140 mm) tall and makes a fantastic centrepiece for any Warhammer army. The Mourngul is available to pre-order now for despatch from Monday 26th November, and rules for it can be found in Monstrous Arcanum.
Forge World Webstore

Animatone:

I totally dig this model!

Very sinister and very cool. Can’t wait to have one lingering around the battle field.

Thanks for the post Vogon.

Singleton Mosby:

Interesting model, I like it. Could it be the basis for a Destroyer perhaps?

Kera foehunter:

Different, must wait to see if this grows on me

Animatone:

Different, must wait to see if this grows on me

Kera foehunter

[size=xx-large]+[/size]

[size=xx-large]= AWESOME![/size]

I could totally see this as an amazing diorama set up for "The Untold Battles of Tamurkhan". Kinda like one of the CD heroes of the failed war.

It would totally be cool to see a Deamonsmith guiding one of these beasts on the field of battle.

Abecedar:

I can see definite potential there and I like your idea Animatone.

Vogon:

It’s a lot bigger that the artwork in the book suggests. I like the concept and execution of the miniature but I do think it looks a bit fragile. The long supporting arm seems a bit vulnerable to a gaming environment.

There are some great touches to the sculpt and I particularly like the skullet (Red Dwarf reference there) it gives the figure the feel of an old miserly character like the ghost of Marley in A Christmas Carol.

I doubt I’ll be getting one but more for army theme reasons than anything else, there are other things calling to my wallet first :slight_smile:

Cheers

Vogon

Animatone:

I do think it looks a bit fragile.  The long supporting arm seems a bit vulnerable to a gaming environment.

Vogon

Vogon
"Ah is that the new Mourngul model?"

"Man it's so cool!"

"Can I see it?"

"CRACK!!!!"

Vogon I couldn't agree more, but I still love it.

Zuh-Khinie:

You can always cut the arm at the wrist and insert a pin if that’s your main concern. The upper part of the arm looks strong enough (with the torso part sticking to the arm there).

I like the model, but dislike the fact that it’s supporting itself on what looks like an imperial outrider… I’ve never been much of a fan of unit- or basefillers that are ‘static’ (ie. are hard to explain as moving around with your army), if you know what I mean.

Lava Lord:

Can any army make use of this Mourngul?? Which armies or all of them??

Animatone:

Can any army make use of this Mourngul??   Which armies or all of them??

Lava Lord
You'd have to cross reference the chart at the back of the FW Monster book. It has a list of all the allowed allies. If I had it with me I'd tell you... Sorry.

Lava Lord:

If we can, I’d definitely fit it in once a while. thanx :hat off

beefcake:

Looks cool. Have to agree about the horse on the base never a fan of that type of base either. With some clever sculpting you could change it into a rock formation. This could be a good substitute for a vhargulf miniature.

Naagruz:

Not having bought the FW book, this totally confused me & I was almost excited for a hot minute.

Hobgobla-Khan was the chief of the tribe of Mournguls…fierce Hobgoblins whose lax standards of hygiene & sadistic habits ensure that they are universally abhorred…

Not that I don’t like the FW model, but GW needs to actually review it’s own history before throwing names out.

Marduk:

I've never been much of a fan of unit- or basefillers that are 'static' (ie. are hard to explain as moving around with your army), if you know what I mean.

Zuh-Khinie
I totally agree. It reminds me of the Tyrion model which is standing over a dead Dark Elf. Not only it shouldn't move around with the model, but it makes no sense at all if the High Elf army is fighting against any other army other than Dark Elves.

I like the model though, so I would take Beefcake's advice and change it into a rock formation (a rock with the shape of a horse).;)

Obsidian:

And that’s how you rape old fluff… Mourngul were a tribe of Hobgoblins, I’d rather have seen that!

Marduk:

Oh, now I understand Naagruz’s post. I’d also like to see hobgoblins made by FW.

Animatone:

Oh, now I understand Naagruz's post. I'd also like to see hobgoblins made by FW.

Marduk
I totally second that call!

Skink:

Oh, now I understand Naagruz's post. I'd also like to see hobgoblins made by FW.

Marduk
I totally second that call!

Animatone
+1. Besides, considering the prices currently going on e-bay I would definitely buy FW Hobbos...

Vogon:

Can any army make use of this Mourngul??   Which armies or all of them??

Lava Lord
Any army can use one as long as you're playing Storm of Magic (or your local house rules allow them anyway)

The chart in the back of the book is only really a guide for a fluffy match up.

Not having bought the FW book, this totally confused me & I was almost excited for a hot minute.

Hobgobla-Khan was the chief of the tribe of  Mournguls...fierce Hobgoblins whose lax standards of hygiene & sadistic habits ensure that they are universally abhorred...

Not that I don't like the FW model, but GW needs to actually review it's own history before throwing names out.

Naagruz
Sorry to disappoint I'd forgotten about the original GW use of "Mourngul" I should've added a reference to Monstrous Arcanum in the post title.

Cheers

Vogon