[Archive] Movement and lighting

dedwrekka:

Hi, I’m Dedwrekka, and I have a problem. I like electronics, especially jerry-rigging models with electronics.

So, I’ve been struck with an idea (and various shocks and burns), what can I make blink, move, or light in a chaos dwarf army?

Kera foehunter:

what about a hell canon the barrow light up as it shoots

apocalypstia:

hell cannon has lots of possibilities, flickering fire, lighted lava bases, burning eyes, flaming taurus, glowing lamasu eyes… looking forward to how you do them and sounds like an awesome and ambitious task.

wallacer:

Scratch build a Kollossus and you could pretty much go nuts.

Failing that, the eyes or limbs on monsters.

A cool option would be to make the belly of a Taurus glow red like there is fire inside it.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Mayhaps the brass bull (Diabullus) from the Twilight Campaign run a few years ago?

As wallacer suggested, the first thing that came to mind was a kollusus.

You could always make a factory (noises replete :wink: ) or slave pen/gladiator arena, maybe a volcano, a sewage river (including a pump soit runs actual “sewage”).

A lamassu or great taurus with flapping wings (include a lighter? Okay, too far, lol :D) and glowing eyes/skin etc…

dedwrekka:

Mayhaps the brass bull (Diabullus) from the Twilight Campaign run a few years ago?

Hashut's Blessing
Any links to the Twilight Campaign? I think I missed that.
A lamassu or great taurus with flapping wings (include a lighter? Okay, too far, lol :D) and glowing eyes/skin etc...
Actually I tried that before.... no forward momentum on the flame (Without trying to pressurize the model, not enough fuel to fit in the model, and the smell of burning plastic and metal is hard to get over (and makes you unpleasantly light headed and nauseous).

Hashut’s Blessing:

Ah, in that case, figure out how to insert tiny pressurised canisters or be safe and don’t do that one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

jolpis:

how about a cart( an opened top veihicel, loaded with the desired number of troops that counts as a unit) that actually moves, ya press a button and then you move the oter stuff and when you are done your cart had moved