[Archive] MUTANTS!

darksquirrel56:

MUTANTS

If any of you have read the first omnibus of gotrek and felix you will

have read about mutants.Now i thought that it would be fun to

represent them in game so i have created the profile below.

MUTANT:  M WS BS S T W I A LD  pts model:4

4  3    3   3 3  1 4 1    7

CHAMPION:4  3    3  3 3 1  4  2  7

OPTIONS:

shield:1pts

great weapon:2pts

extra hand weapon:2pts

light armour:1pt

special rules:fear, dedication:may be dedicated to any of the chaos

gods for the following upgrades for 2pts per model:

nurgle:+1T ,light armour ,khorne:frenzy and +1S ,slaanesh:+2 I ,armour piercing 1 ,Tzeentch: +1A and extra hand weapon.

i will soon create a test model and show it ,may Hashut bless you all!!:hat off [/color]

Hashut’s Blessing:

First of all, strange way of writing out the statline :wink: It’s usually M, WS, BS, S, T, W, I, A, Ld (or similar) :smiley:

Secondly, the costs are way off. Base cost should be about 3 or 4, if that. Shields and light armour should be 1 point each. Additional hand weapons and great weapons should be 2 points each. Lastly, the dedication idea is cool, but 2 points per unit is odd and way off. I would suggest +3 points per model based upon what you have suggested, but I think that the Tzeentch stats seem very odd and not worth the points.

Nurgle should be +1T, maybe light armour.

Khorne could have Frenzy and an Additional Hand Weapon, but yours is good too.

Slaanesh should get +1I (or 2?) and Armour Piercing (1).

Tzeentch should get something to represent how mutated they are or something, such as Extra Attack and the ability to have 3 weapons (one of which may be a shield - maybe this gives +2 to the close combat armour save instead of the Parry Save?).

darksquirrel56:

First of all, strange way of writing out the statline ;) It's usually M, WS, BS, S, T, W, I, A, Ld (or similar) :D

Secondly, the costs are way off. Base cost should be about 3 or 4, if that. Shields and light armour should be 1 point each. Additional hand weapons and great weapons should be 2 points each. Lastly, the dedication idea is cool, but 2 points per unit is odd and way off. I would suggest +3 points per model based upon what you have suggested, but I think that the Tzeentch stats seem very odd and not worth the points.

Nurgle should be +1T, maybe light armour.
Khorne could have Frenzy and an Additional Hand Weapon, but yours is good too.
Slaanesh should get +1I (or 2?) and Armour Piercing (1).
Tzeentch should get something to represent how mutated they are or something, such as Extra Attack and the ability to have 3 weapons (one of which may be a shield - maybe this gives +2 to the close combat armour save instead of the Parry Save?).

Hashut's Blessing
thanks for the advice i havent read many army books in my time so i dont know much about costs

Hashut’s Blessing:

Not a problem, always happy to help!

Seem a bit more fair? Try comparing it to a current army book and see how it feels.

Fallen246:

My two cents:

Marauders have a much lower amount of attacks, and they’re five points. So you might want to make them either have less attacks, or cost slightly more.

Secondly, they seem to have no ability to use ranged weapons… so why does the champion’s upgrade give him extra Ballistic Skill?

darksquirrel56:

sorry but i misplaced the numbers

Hashut’s Blessing:

Fallen246: Take a look at the letters above th enumbers and you’ll understand the craziness, lol :wink:

It’s been updated since, but it’s a fairly avergae statline.

M:4

WS to T:3

W:1

I:4

A:1

Ld:7

Fallen246:

Ah… well now the champion has no extra ability whatsoever?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Fairly sure that it’s supposed to have +1A, so I edited that in :wink:

I still wonder if these guys should be 3 points a piece though, since Chaos Marauders are 4 points a piece and get +1WS, as well as re-roll Panic.