[Archive] My C.D. Conversions BullC & Taurus

nitroglysarine:

…pending…

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

nitroglysarine:

My half sculpt bull centaurs, beards are now complete (only 50% in picture)

one of them, side profile

Bull cenaur side profile.

Cannon, minimal conversions done.

Bare bones are on the models, open to sugestions on bulking it all up

and yes those are space marine legs :stuck_out_tongue:

lord, just started conversions, not sure what to do with him really.

part 1: the obsidina guard, not that big a fan on of them yet… maybe when the beards go on…

this will become my taurus, all it needs is the right rider and some balrog wings, of that and a bit of green stuff!

Hashut’s Blessing:

It all looks really good so far! Can’t wait to see the BCs finished. The orc bodies have worked VERY well and the scale armour barding has helped to bulk the horses out enough for them to look proportionate. Good job!

With the cannon: it all looks great. There may only be minimal conversions, but they are all that is necessary. I’d recommend sculpting CD beards for the crew (so that your army matches the BCs) and, if possible, boring a hole through the gut plate for shots to come out (although you could paint the bit between the teeth black for ease).

Golems: Look damned excellent! I’m VERY impressed. To bulk them up, maybe have round shields at the elbows (possibly the knees too) and make it look like that’s the joint. If that makes sense? Makes them a little more “robotesque”. The hats can have a little GS put around the thinner part to help bulk them out. Maybe greenstuff some larger feet. Just a few ideas to flesh them out for you :wink:

The lord is looking good so far. For a weapon, I’d recommend a mace type one. Either an orc boyz mace, a beastmen mace or morning star, a Chaos warrior mace. I just think that seems to fit the model best at the moment. Sculpt a fresh beard for him and add some miners’ hat-candles to the top of his hat and he’ll look suitable impressive.

The obsidian guard are looking cool! I think the beards will help them to pop, it’ll make them look far less like normal Dwarfs, which is what it sounds like you’re thinking. You could try to sculpt flames onto their hats or try the miners’ hat-candles like with my suggestion for the lord. It may also look better when painted. An idea for that would be to have marble-style hats…I particularly like the pickAXE on the far left. Maybe do some more weapon conversions to make them look less normal dwarfen?

The Taurus seems to be an excellent size. Big, strong, powerful, but not too large and it has the perfect pose, the one that I’ve always wanted for it! For a rider, you can either use goblin wolf rider legs with the feet replace by dwarf boots (adjusted accordingly) or you can have him riding the beasty on a platform.

Hope all of this helps.

(P.S. It’s easier for everyone to post all of the pics from one update in one post.)

nitroglysarine:

Good point about compiling them all into one post, i tried but it crashed a few times on me.

the beards are a necesity i’ve just not got around to them.

the taurus is a very muscly guy, i think he will look cool.

the Bull centaurs need a bit more bulking up, i was going to bulk up the legs, enlarge the hoofs, split them so they are in two pieces so they are more bovine, and also lower the front chest area of the hourse to make it look a bit more beefy (a-thank-you)

black hammer:

The minis look great so far! Bulking up the centaurs legs will help a lot because they seem a bit skinny. I’m excited to see the taurus painted.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Not a problem. If need be, post, then click edit post and add them in :wink:

This is likely the most time consuming part. Bright-spark idea! Attempt to create a mould and cast them in resin! Time saving indeed. I don’t expect anyone to do that though, lol :stuck_out_tongue:

He’s definitely the best size, shape and position I’ve seen.

Looking back, I agree that the chest could do with "beef"ing up and the hooves being made more prominent and split.

One more thing I think will help: Get them finished because I damned well wanna see them done and then painted :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

swipe !!! i stole the the canon idea !!

love the ogre faces

nitroglysarine:

Worked on the Bull Centaurs quite a bit more now

they are now armed with glaive thingy’s and some kinda cool shields - you’ll see what i mean when i post them.

I’ve tried bulking up one of them, the legs looked kinda silly, so i’ve started with the hooves and the chests.

after looking a few pictures like this one:-

i’ve decided the legs don’t need bulking up that much, more remove the lower bend in the legs to straighten the legs a bit.

between the front two legs it need a kind of hanging flab/skin thing that the horses don’t have - easily done, and quite simple, plus it rather usefully covers the horses mold lines! :smiley:

I’ve also sculpted some sholder pads and a bit more armour for them to bulk them.

Not a problem. If need be, post, then click edit post and add them in :wink:

This is likely the most time consuming part. Bright-spark idea! Attempt to create a mould and cast them in resin! Time saving indeed. I don’t expect anyone to do that though, lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Hashut’s Blessing
i have a bit of experience with green stuff molds, but to be honest i have 0 experience with making silocone molds and then resin setting them.

are there any good how-to’s on here, also do you know any u.k suppliers of the stuff needed?

Ogrob:

This might be a useful thread. If I linked the right one that is… I almost posted a link on a series of guard sweeps for submission wrestling :stuck_out_tongue:

nitroglysarine:

This might be a useful thread. If I linked the right one that is... I almost posted a link on a series of guard sweeps for submission wrestling :P

Ogrob
Lol, watched them already, - i think, was there anything about uk stockists of the products needed?

nitroglysarine:

some new pictures:-

Bull Centaur unit, now with weapons and shields, oh and a touch fo detail!

Side view, you can see a bit more of the bulking work i’ve done, beefing them up as it were.

other side view, can you see what i did with the shields

normal bull centaur, showing the beefing up near the arse. kinda makes me think he needs more bulking in the legs and feet.

the unit champion, used a cloaked body for this guy to single him out, like the tropy rack?

now for the new stuff:-

My eruption gun, mainly made from my bitz box and a few spare spawn bitz

same gun, side shot to show cannon basic torso shape, not sure how he developed a carry handle :stuck_out_tongue:

his guy i really like, he has a feeding tougue and one large eye, also i think he’s come out with a better stuntie body type.

other side, can more easily see the four limbs and the body shape.

questions? suggestions? comments?

Hashut’s Blessing:

They’re looking very good so far. I think that the larger hooves you’ve added to some of them has definitely helped to dehorsefy them. The bulking of the back legs has worked perfectly, but I thinkt hat the front legs could do with a little bit of “beefing up” as well. Also, don’t forget to add a tail, but make sure to amke it a cow’s tail and not a horse’s one :wink: A thin line (flesh), ending in a “bulb” of hair… Should work wonders and I can’t wait to see them painted! Even though the lower half is likely to be hidden by the other Bull Centaurs, I really like the clothed horse for the unit champion and I think it will still be clearly visible.

nitroglysarine:

half of the bulls have 90% of the tails done, i was going to do a little dead on the end to keep he threame of CD’s going, but i hadn’t noticed that i managed to miss the rears of all of them.

better pictures will follow when i have better lighting.

black hammer:

The eruption gun is totally awsome! I love how it’s more deamon than gun!

nitroglysarine:

The eruption gun is totally awsome!  I love how it's more deamon than gun!

black hammer
yeah that was the aim, i like the tyranid biospore gun -thingy, that was the inspiration of sorts.

m3lvin:

oh yeah! some really cool models in here!

how come I never seen this thread before?!?

some very smart and fresh conversions here, those golems looks great!

you are one of the few I’ve seen using horse bodies for BCs (I use armoured empire horses)

and it’s proven once again that it looks great! :cheers

ten of my most hard working slaves, from me, to you :hat off

keep it up!

/melv

nitroglysarine:

next i think the taurus, as his rider has arrived. :smiley:

AGPO:

Some really promising work and original ideas - I look forward to seeing them done :cheers

Da Crusha:

a lot of very nice work I really like to eruption guns the most and I have to admit the inferno golums look much nicer than I thought they would using those bfsp bits, but I do think they need larger legs though.

nitroglysarine:

yeah, i used the space marine legs as a kind of wire frame-work.

think of bulking them up in a kinda mega armour way.