[Archive] My CD steam wagon conversion page

Necrotique:

Haven’t posted in a while, still been moving houses and shopping for furnitutre, new clothes etc. Which lead me to finding a GW shop. Which lead to me going home and thinking about it. Leading to me reading up on CDs again. Which made me go on GWs site, where I saw the new Ork Battlewagon model. Which lead to me buying one from said shop as I thought "hey, this could make a kick-ass dwarf steam-wagon for transporting slaves."

And so this thread (which will probaly endure a few episodes of threadomancy before I finish it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) will be dedicated to my will-be caravan of steam wagons used by the Dawi-Zharr to transport slaves and precious minerals to the heartlands of their empire and back.

Expect to see a crap load of boilers, whips, nets and slaves. I aim to make this a wild-west-esque caravan used for trade between the major CD cities and their (tentative) allies.

Let me know if there’s anything wrong with this idea that I’m overlooking. I will of course file/cutt off all the orky glyphs and replace them with blazing CD sigils and seals.

Oh, and there will be a hellcannon mounted on one of them :wink:

:cheers

G.2:

I am looking forward to this. I have a soft-spot for ‘steampunk-esque’ models. So bring on your project with LOTS of pictures.

I look forward to seeing them.

Necrotique:

Cheers dude :slight_smile:

Will do, am just now filing off all the orky bits/glyphs and sprue markings.

Need some help though, what race should I have enslaved? Flaggelant humans would be easiest but I’d like to show different types being enslaved, but mainly from around the Badlands/Zharr.

Necrotique:

Oh and will also have some form of a FW “mini” squiggoth

Tarrakk Blackhand:

BUILD IT ALREADY! :smiley:

I’m dying to see your invention!

Necrotique:

I’ve decided that the sorcerers “battlewagon” shall be half-demon half-machine, in that it will have 4 legs and claws, with a heart instead of an engine. It will also be much taller and dynamic than the other ones.

For the weapons, should I go swivel guns or bolties? I’d personally prefer swivel guns.

Pics will be uploaded once I’ve base coated it

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Do some big ass blunderbusses!

Necrotique:

Will do :slight_smile: Might have a sort of blunderbuss shrapnel-cannon-y thing going on.

Off to bed now but will hopefully have some pics uploaded tomorrow

nitroglysarine:

bellows cannon?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Necrotique:

Have decided to have defiler legs, got the pins ready for the join, but am planning on having organs running through the 'wagon, instead of pipes and cables. Also will try to give it a dwarf or bull daemonic head.

@nitro, what’s a bellows cannon?

Balseraph:

BUILD IT ALREADY! :D

I'm dying to see your invention!

Tarrakk Blackhand
Me too :)

..maybe I don't dying, but... I'd love to see this invention done :)

Necrotique:

Thanks for the support guys :slight_smile:

It’ll definitely be done this week, but don’t expect it to be to brilliant.

Technically it is built, but only pinned and I’m still adding the slave cages and slaves to it, as well as casting the crew.

Should be done soon though, just hope it’s as good as you’re imagining it haha

Necrotique:

I’ll make a compromise here… I’ll upload some WIP shots and sketches tomorrow to keep you satisfied :slight_smile:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

…the life support machine is going “Bing”! Please…please post the pics! :smiley:

Necrotique:

....the life support machine is going "Bing"! Please...please post the pics! :D

Tarrakk Blackhand
Due to my concept art  being indecipherable, I've decided to upload some photos of the WIP.
Ignore the paintjob on the legs, it was 2nd hand an terribly painted.
The top of it is only about half the height and storage space it will be, so bear that in mind. I've only glued together the first floor and am casting the crew, organic/daemonic components and Giant Blunderbuss (for the guns).
Sorry about the terrible quality of the photos, I can't find the charger for my proper camera.
I'm going to add many more decks and rows of slave cages in the back storage area, as well as a ramp for unloading.
Included is a pic of a 4th edition CD in the cabin to show scale.

Let me know any suggestions you may have as I've just started the proper work and casting, so I can make more additions if you'd like. I was thinking of hanging a pole off the original axels for the BW where the wheels and trakk would go and putting hanging cages off them from chains, sort of like an angler fish.

http://img690.imageshack.us/g/imag0338u.jpg/

nitroglysarine:

....@nitro, what's a bellows cannon?

Necrotique
to be honest I have no idea, but I like the phrase.
Maybe a bellows with a pair of CD's jumping on it that propels a mortar??

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Looks awesome! Like a mechanical giant Crab!

Necrotique:

@Nitro, ah - I’ll try to include that in this somehow :slight_smile:

Tarrakk - Thanks, I was inspired by the fact that they live in rocky places with caves and lava flow and for one they’d need walkers to navigate the terrain. Also, they may very well have some sort of crab-like monsters that live in the caves that they modelled it from.

Will look a lot better when it’s finished

Glimpse the Void:

I’d love to see more!

Balseraph:

Looks a little bit like for WH40.

I waiting for more ! :slight_smile: