[Archive] My current Xroads GT list

Slacker:

Barring anything remarkable happening in my playtesting tomorrow, this is the list I’ll be playing at the end of the month.

Lvl 4 w/Holocaust Cloak, Dispel Scroll

Daemonsmith with Daemonbane, Shield

Daemonsmith with Dispel Scroll, Shield

BSB w/Shield, Great Weapon, Banner of Daemonic Tides

19xAnnihilators

19xAnnihilators

18xChaos Dwarf Warriors w/Shields, Full Command

5xGobbo Wolf Riders w/Spears

25xRabble

25xRabble

2xBolt Thrower

2xBolt Thrower

5xBull Centaurs w/Great Weapon, Shield, Chaos Armor

5xBull Centaurs w/Great Weapon, Shield, Chaos Armor

3xInferno Golems w/Face of Hashut and the bound spell item.

Obviously the army’s designed to have a little bit in every phase, but should be strong in magic and shooting. Works out to, I believe, 2248 when all’s said and done.

Incidentally, for fighty-ness, I’m a bit terrified by the idea of a Bull Centaur lord with the Frenzy item and a great weapon in a unit with 3 Golems. Talk about a hammer.

Uzkul Werit:

That Daemonsmith can’t carry Daemonbane. You can’t have two magic items with bound spells.

List looks good though. Since you seem to be going for the gunline route, why not get a Death Rocket or Earthshaker?

Slacker:

-Waiting on Kevin on the bound thing, as at one point during playtesting it was in fact okay. If it’s not, that’s 40-odd points I have to free up. I actually already have an idea on that-move the magic banner over to the Warrior unit and just have the BSB carry it.

I wasn’t a fan of the Earthshaker during playtesting, and while it’s gotten a bit better now, I need a good solid counter assault unit. A unit of 3 golems with the Face of Hashut has something like a 74% of breaking a full rank and flank unit, average T and Armor Save, and given they’re move 5 and have a smaller footprint, my goal is to arrange them as the hammer to my warrior anvil.

As for the death rocket…bolt throwers are cheaper and more reliable at killing big, nasty things. Bull Centaurs are probably point for point the best unit in the book. My special choices were sort of spoken for very quickly.

Thommy H:

A model only being able to have one bound item is part of the main rules, not specific to this list (or any other).

mattbird:

For now assume it is RAW, and daemonsmiths cannot take the daemonbane. I don’t recall Kevin’s intention. Beyond that it looks nasty, and I can’t wait to see your Golems!

Slacker:

I would’ve had pictures for the army book, but I really wasn’t happy with how the turned out the first time, so I had to do some more work on them. Did some more green stuff and built up from the basecoat differently, I’m much happier with them now.

And, okay, item shuffle it is.