[Archive] My definative 2500 point list

Veshnakar:

(350) Level 4 Sorcerer Prophet (Lore Varies but usually hashut) w/ Talisman of Preservation, and Enchanted Shield

(100) Daemonsmith Sorcerer level 1 w/Lore of Fire and Charmed Shield

(205) Infernal Castellan BSB w/Shield, Mask of the Furnace, Luckstone, and Ironcurse Icon

(380) 29 Infernal Guard w/full command

(202) 40 Hobgoblin Cutthroats w/full command and additional hand weapons

(104) 20 Hobgoblin Cutthroats w/bows and musician

(104) 20 Hobgoblin Cutthroats w/bows and musician

(355) 6 Bull Centaur Renders w/shields, great weapons, and full command

(100) Deathshrieker Rocket

(100) Deathshrieker Rocket

(145) Magma Cannon

(75) 5 Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders w/bows and musician

(75) 5 Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders w/bows and musician

(205) Hell Cannon

(2500)

This is the list I have been using for a while now. I am not particularly fond of relying on war machines for damage, but with the hellcannon being a monster as well, along with the rest of the list being able to put out some good damage, and a decent lot of deployment drops, I have really been enjoying the list.

The Castellan goes in the infernal guard, and the Daemonsmith (and sometimes the prophet depending on the opponent) hang out with the Deathshriekers and Magma Cannon shooting off boosted fireballs and preventing misfires, but everything else is played very aggressively as I am very much against a defensive style. Early 6 Breath of Hatred bubbles from the Prophet are a must to give those nice rerolls.

MLP:

Really like this list, it’s very similar to what I use at 2000 points. It looks very efficient, optimised and characterful with a good mix of units.

Where do you usually keep your Prophet if he’s not with the warmachines? And how do you manage so many Hobgoblins with only two units to keep them in check?

Veshnakar:

When not with the war machines the Prophet goes with the infernal guard but I usually prefer not doing that as his miscasts can likely do a number on that unit, whereas if he is within 3" of a warmachine he gets his look out sir roll, and rarely causes harm to anyone but himself at 3" away with the miscasts.

The hobgoblins with bows and the additional hand weapons hobbos hang hang near the infernal guard or the bull centaurs at all times. Sometimes I keep the bow hobs back to defend the war machines, but even then the war machines are “chaos dwarf units” and prevent the animosity rolls.

At least that’s how I’ve played it as they ARE chaos dwarf units, but generally all my units are pretty close to one another for support, and if not, they will be within range of the generals leadership in case they roll a 1 on the animosity table for that panic test.