[Archive] My Dwarf Factory [Snotling's Thread]

Grimstonefire:

This definately needs to be in a compiled Showcase sticky!

Excellant stuff.��I especially like the standard bearer in the second wave of CD warriors.��Truly an individual and characterful piece.

:hat off

I think you should do some ‘Longbeards’ to mix into the unit.��Show a variety of ages.��Maybe a Dawi Zharr female if you’re feeling brave…��That’s a challenge for you actually :stuck_out_tongue:

Snotling:

Maybe a Dawi Zharr female if you're feeling brave... That's a challenge for you actually :P

Grimstonefire
Mwahaha, not really, i allready started my little miss, and she's so sexy :hat off
but she will be a member of may slave unit... you know, for the dicipline :0

Father Grumpmas:

They look fantastic - both modelled and painted extremely well.

The standard is my particular favourite - I hope anybody at GW who might be involved in CD development is looking.

minty:

right, the champion should be entered for golden hat (i know, but look at it) so we can send it into games workshop, hopefully getting snot a job moddeling there (the miniature kind, not the other) unless he dosen’t want to so the new chaos dwarves don’t end up with funnny big hts (i like the hats but there just not evil)

i help out at games workshops on saturdays, but thats not realy helpfull, but i’ll tell the manager to look

AGPO:

Awesome as always snotling, but why don’t you re-start your army blog? You’ve certainly inspired me to be more ambitious with my next CD blocks

Snotling:

hm, no i don’t wnat to enter something to the contest… because, it isn’t really Rykarth, the only mini with a 2hand weapon i have is my miner champ… but he doesn’t look like i imagine Rykarth, Rykarth has no bare arms and a lantern :hat off

but you can show GW everything you want, feel free to use my pics for everything you want!

i allready thougt about sending a mail to the german WD, because there are to much commercials in it and i suggest to add some Fan-Fiction and pics of player minis. you know… for the community :cheers

hopefully getting snot a job moddeling there (the miniature kind, not the other) unless he dosen’t want to

minty
lol :slight_smile:

EDIT: those who don’t know my humble beginnings, here they are

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5574

(because i din’t restart my army blog ^^)

The Flying Beaver:

Oh wow Snotling, that is one awesome unit!

Arashi:

I love them, and I love the fact that all fo them are different (or at least have different masks!) Great paintjob, incredible standard and very good ideas there. Just a question, what is that guy with the cool spear?

Snotling:

Just a question, what is that guy with the cool spear?

Arashi
he is.... a warrior! :)
a warrior with spear (or halbert) and shield, to be exacly. first, he shall get an axe, but his weapon grows and grows and became a halbert :). The champions body is better than the other to test this kind of "gasmask". i doesn't have the time to realize my plans, but i've got ideas for "Smog-Berzerkers" and they would get these kind of masks (just a little different - the masks are not to protect them from the gas, they make them breath it! :sick

LLV:

Snotling,

you have just set the bar my friend - absolutely fantastic work!

So much character in your designs - not to mention the paint jobs are great too!

You sir are made of win

:smiley:

wallacer:

Maybe some kind of tutorial from you on how to greenstuff would be a good idea?

Revlid:

THESE.

GUYS.

WIN!

I must see more! At once! :0

AGPO:

I’vejust found the link to this bit on your blog, kindly ignore my last foolish post…

Snotling:

I'vejust found the link to this bit on your blog, kindly ignore my last foolish post...

AGPO
no, it's okay! i added the links after you reminded me on my other blog. well... thanks for that ^^

Kobarf:

As I already said on HoH this unit is extremely cool, after a second look I see you even diversed the scale armour on all of them. Once finished this is going to be a beautiful and most importantly a very personal army! :cheers

Kobarf

And now go make some more… :stuck_out_tongue:

Xander:

Have you seen his Blunderbuss unit? Check the conversion section for a thread called, "Blast your head!"

He’s painting those at the moment. :slight_smile:

Snotling:

don’t say that, Xander, you increase the pressure ^^

i was very fast, but then i got a job and now… my back hurts :mask … well, i try to show you the finished unit next week… i’ll try ^^

Headblasting is cool… BANG!! :hat off

AGPO:

well... thanks for that ^^

snotling
No problem, glad to be of service! I must say I loved your blunder models when first I saw them and they look even better seeing them again now. Can't wait to see them painted (no pressure! lol)

Snotling:

Well, i just noticed, that i forgot to post my finished shadow sorcerer in this forum, because i finished him while CDO was (mysteriously) down. i know that just some members of CDO are at HoH, too, so i shall post my sorcerer here too (and to complete my “gallery”, too).

while i am working on my BBs (i would say… 75% done) you can check out this guy, he’s called Riddik (because of the head ^^). a allready had a game with him, he used the lore of fire… but he is a shadow mage, so most time, he burned himself :hat off

but hey… he is Dawi-Zharr, the fire couldn’t harm him… but it was funny :slight_smile:

I finally finished my Shadow Sorcerer after I started him with the sketch in January. Now i want to you his journey from sketch over the conversion to the finished warlock.

when get an idea or when I’m bored in school i makes sketches of minis i would like to convert. I’m not talented in drawing but it helps me to think about projects in the future and to keep them in mind.

I converted him with many other dwarfs at the same time. Step by step he became complete. i was happy with the result but i didn’t paint him directly after i completed the conversion, i wanted to build more to have more CD-minis, even if they aren’t painted.

But now it’s time to paint. i started with him, because he’s a individual mini, not a part of a unit. The colour sheme i quite uncommon for CDs and quite different when you compare it with the sheme of my army. but that’s okay, he is a unique character, he’s not dressed like an ordinary solider. the colours look more like lore of shadows or death, too, much more than a red-black sheme.

well, 'nuff said, now it’s your turn to comment this guy ^^

Revlid:

but she will be a member of may slave unit... you know, for the dicipline :0

Snotling
That ranks among the most horrifying sentences I have ever read.

But is made up for, as ever, by the lovely models. :cheers