[Archive] My first attempts

grunts:

Just thought I’d show off a few pics of my first attempt at modeling chaos dwarves. Can’t stand the pointy hats! sorry to those that do.

[attachment=149][attachment=150][attachment=151][attachment=152]

Kyte:

They look fine. The old chaos warrior heads might be more suited for this kind of conversions, but anyway.

A fine paint job and they should kick ass!

One question though: Is the fat guy in the right image a hero, a regular unit champion or perhaps an immortal?

Thanks

- Kyte

Willmark:

Hmmm I don’t see any links or photos here…

Thommy H:

I do. Nice job, though I wonder what the little fellas did with their beards.

grunts:

I do. Nice job, though I wonder what the little fellas did with their beards.

Thommy H
yeah, I finished posting the photo's and realized I totally spaced on the beards. :o so at the moment they're chaos halflings. I'll remedy this immediately

Thommy H:

chaos halflings
Hey, that's something I'd like to see...

wallacer:

The proportions and the overall effect seem pretty good.

But yes, beards would help :wink:

grunts:

They look fine. The old chaos warrior heads might be more suited for this kind of conversions, but anyway.

A fine paint job and they should kick ass!

One question though: Is the fat guy in the right image a hero, a regular unit champion or perhaps an immortal?

Thanks

- Kyte

Kyte
the fat guy is a test model for my warriors with double handed weapons. I want them to look much more potent than the regular warriors, hence the bulk.

Canix:

nice and chunky, is the colour scheme like the fat guys legs. Purple would look cool ,they would fit with 3rd ed if they had plate.

grunts:

nice and chunky, is the colour scheme like the fat guys legs. Purple would look cool ,they would fit with 3rd ed if they had plate.

Canix
Not too sure on the colour scheme yet. I do like the purple & gold, but its a bit too Slanneshi for my liking. Something dark is a must, though I'm staying away from straight black. Too boring.

Willmark:

I’m with you, the exact colors I will be using for my own army is provingperplexing as well.

Sigose:

I think they look kick ass my self.