[Archive] My first chaos dwarfs(1)

happyzappydude:

This is my very first Chaos dwarf model. I wasn’t sure about a colour scheme so I stuck to red gold and black.

After this one I’m now going to finish off my Bull centaur lord with Hammer of Hashut and armour of the furnace. More pics coming soon. Criticisms and opinions welcome. I’d also appreciate advice on what to get next for the army as I’m now hooked.

Edit: Sorry about the blurry pics, will rectify next time.

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Kera foehunter:

Nice paint job nice and smooth !! nice colors too i love the Gold armor

aki:

Really good colour choice and paintjob here. Great work making the rather boring big hats cool :cheers

GRNDL:

That’s your idea of a boring hat? Its got skullz. Its got spikez! Arrows!! I’d want to know what your idea of an exciting hat is!!

Bassman:

Nice classic color scheme but need some improvements:

more highlightens, colors are well esecuted but a little bit flat,

I’d paint arrows on the hat gold, to keep them consistent with the armor.

Your chaotics gits seems to be very lucky, they wear golden armors!!

Gelli:

looks good from what I can see, nice and smooth as already said. Is the colour scheme set or you just experimenting at the moment?. Also is he finished? because as bassman said there a few little things on his hat left. Like the gold armour. Wanna see that bull centaur now :stuck_out_tongue:

Loki:

Great looking model, looking forward to seeing your bull centaur lord :slight_smile:

Zanko:

Nice paintjob! :hat off

… but I would have chosen a more extraordinary color scheme! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Concerning the improvements (arrows on the hat in gold) I agree with Bassman …

Nevertheless well done dude! :slight_smile:

I´m also eager to see your Bull Centaur Lord! :cheers

:hashut

Skink:

That’s really a well painted piece! It looks like you got what it needs to paint marvelous miniatures! Whit this in mind I do agree with Bassman, add more Highlights, and give more volume to that model.

Why don’t you give him some brothers? Build a full unit:)

Awesome job man!

AGPO:

I disagee with the others on this, I reckon the arrows look better in black, and I think its the photos that don’t make the highlights show up properly. The only improvement I’d suggest is to drybrush the sand on the base with kommando khaki

happyzappydude:

I disagee with the others on this, I reckon the arrows look better in black, and I think its the photos that don't make the highlights show up properly. The only improvement I'd suggest is to drybrush the sand on the base with kommando khaki

AGPO
Ugh, Kommando Khaki is so watery, plus I want to try for a black ash base, so im currently looking at greys.

The Brain:

Nice job. The more big hat players out there the bette. :hat

That is a nice color scheme. Keep up the god work.

Crube:

Looking good… As to the arrows on the hat, I’m unsure as to gold or black being the best option, but either way I think they need to be tidied up a little. It may just be the photos, but they look as though theyhave red on them…

Just stands out a bit as the rest of the model looks ace :slight_smile:

happyzappydude:

Well, It has been a long time (Really long, and for that I am sorry) But I have finally started the ball rolling on my Chaos dwarfs proper.

So For those wanting to see a bull centaur here…

It isn’t the lord, he isn’t finished, but its a pretty good indicator of what My bull centaurs look like.

Here is my first WIP homemade Blunderbuss (Annihilators, in my army)

Im indebted to the fine work of Snotling and Ishkur for inspiration (And outright plagiarism) You guys are awesome. :hat off

Here are my Chaos dwarf warriors, these guys are using the Indy GT army rules and will have the Chaos Knight shields on the left arm.

Heres the unit Standard Bearer

I can’t show you the other one I’m doing coz he’s going into the Golden Hat competition. Hopefully I won’t disgrace myself.

Criticisms as usual, welcome.

Borador:

Nicely done! Really like the BC and the axes on your warriors, where did you get those from?

:hat off

happyzappydude:

Nicely done! Really like the BC and the axes on your warriors, where did you get those from?
:hat off

Borador
Those are on the chaos knights sprue.

Borador:

Thanks ^.^

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.