[Archive] My gaming group's Campaign rules

Galladorn:

Just throwing the rules that we are using for a campaign out there.  Use them if you want.

We started with 2 armies @ 2500 points each.  Made it so that no capital can be attacked for the first year, and are having a blast!

It’s very heavy on the paperwork, but we like the results.  

Hopefully the file attaches.

RTMaitreya:

Holy crap, that’s a serious campaign!

Just throwing the rules that we are using for a campaign out there.  Use them if you want.

It’s very heavy on the paperwork, but we like the results.  

Galladorn

cornixt:

Those are pretty impressive. Have you played through them yet to work out any issues?

Not sure about the CD bonus, the drawback seems to cancel it out!

Galladorn:

These rules have been used for the last 3 years or so. The only issues that we are having is with the army bonuses on the campaign map. To be honest, the Chaos Dwarf one is untested.

Our campaign is played on 3 mighty empire tilesets, and can easily accomodate 10 players. We have about 6 playing currently. Our goal is to have fun, and I have to tell you, we are. After last week’s win versus the Skaven, I have captured his Grey seer, Battle standard bearer, and a warlock engineer. At the end of the season we’ll barter for their return. I have talked s–t all week about what I am doing to them in the mines of Hashut, and he is organizing an offensive against me to punish me for my behavior. It’s awesome!

The reason for the gold bonuses for the winner in each battle is because our first campaign had many players sitting back and building up their empires instead of fighting. Now, there is a reward for winning, and it’s a big one.

The Army specific bonuses are derived primarily from GW, but as you can tell, the Chaos Dwarf one is a work in progress. My criteria for bonuses were that they could not acually effect the game played between the armies, but could affect the campaign map and the armies after the battle.