[Archive] My GH9 entry

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Here he is…#16.

This was my entry for the Golden Hat IX contest on chaos-dwarfs.com.

The Bull Centaur Champion is made from many different parts including the Slayer Dwarf from The Battle For Skull Pass, a Dwarf mining pony, The Spider Rider’s base with a Tomb King Tomb Stone, Skull Shields and a Chaos Shield.

He’s a 2 weapon champion wearing heavy armour. (sides and top)

Zanko:

Nice guy you made there! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I never thought that this one was yours …

For my liking the shield on the back is too much, without it the mini would look better … not so overloaded. :wink:

Despite this detail … cool stuff! :hat off

:hashut

Tarrakk Blackhand:

ThanX Zanko.

Thought I’d get a few more responses by now.

tjub:

I agree with Zanko about the sheild on top, one too much. :slight_smile:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well, the idea was so that he wouldn’t get an arrow in the back…to be totally protected.

I had to remove the arm from the Chaos knight and then heat uo that shield to make it conform to his back. It wasn’t easy.

What about the paint job? is it more detailed?

tjub:

Well, guess I just prefer armour over a sheild… :slight_smile:

The paintjob is ok. The only thing I dont like is the latex glove, too much odd uses for that pops up in my head. Other than that I would use a wash on the metal parts, I prefer ½brown, ½black and loads of water and to finish a mate varnish. As a conversion I might have added some height to the model as I have done with mine, between the torso and pony. But then again it might just be me who misses the big hat on him! :stuck_out_tongue:

two_heads_talking:

I like the idea behind the armored centaur back… Just not the idea of a shield. perhaps you could use scale sized pieces to armor the back… (the shield shapes that you see on the brettonian barding…)

everything else (sculpting) is very well done in my opinion…

Painting… hmm, there’s not enough depth/definition in the skin. Too much black really. I’d say 75% of that model is black…

Kera foehunter:

Great job mr t cool figure nice head stone ( who is it )??

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Thanx guys!

Maybe I just don’t have the “knack” for knowing how to build these figures…for knowing what looks good.

two_heads_talking:

Thanx guys!

Maybe I just don't have the "knack" for knowing how to build these figures....for knowing what looks good.

Tarrakk Blackhand
sometimes it helps to put it down on paper.. as for the "knack" i think you have it.. sometimes you just have to look at it from an unobjective POV..

overall it's awesome.. you just need to finetune some things..:hat off

Tarrakk Blackhand:

ThanX for the boost THT.

wallacer:

The proportions of the Dwarf and the bull match up well. It looks pretty realistic.