[Archive] My Juggernaut rules

Joshmohr:

Home-made Juggernaut rules, please leave comments.

Juggernaut: 600 points (1 rare choice and 1 hero choice)

M WS BS S t W I A LD

9 - - 9 5 4 4 3 10

-A Juggernaut causes “Terror”

-A Juggernaut has a Impact charge of S10 4 wounds

-A juggernaut may be equip with a Death Rocket(And crew) for +90 pts(Max of two)

-ALL crew members are immune to pyschology

-A juggernaut may be equip with a Bolt Thrower (And crew) for +30 pts each(Max of two)

-Anyone riding on the juggernauts (I.E Crossbowmen, Blunderbussers,

or hobbo archers, Sorcerer Hero’s, ect) have a 2+ armor save that cannot be improved.

-At any time the Juggernaut MAY be abandoned, after witch all crew will move as skrimitchers.

-A Juggernaut is a “Large Target”

-The Juggernaut has its own armor save of 3+, and a ward save of 5+(A war machine this mighty is blessed by Hashut)

-Only ONE hero/lord may ride this killing machine

Close combat

When charged the crew always hits the juggernaut.

-The Juggernaut is unable to ‘attack’ by its self; there for its Crew attacks. If the Juggernaut is killed, then it cannot move, and its armor save given is reduced to nothing; after witch the crew is forced to abandon it, and the Juggernaut is Impassible Terrain

-Its war machines MAY NOT attack in close combat

Attacked by range

Range hit table

1-4 Juggernaut

5-6 Crew

Charging

-When the juggernaut charges, its impact hit kicks in, and deals more wounds as listed above

Charging table (The opponent rolls for these.)

1-5 RUN! The enemy safely avoids the Juggernaut, but fleas towards the general, moving as Skrimichers; but cannot pass terrain.

6 SPLAT! The enemy is to slow witted, and wont budge, engaging in close combat.

What do you think? :Idea

Pyro Stick:

I think they are quite good. Ill study them more later but i noticed that you forgot about the boar centaur.

Here are my rules for the juggernaut:

Pyro’s Juggernaut Rules

Joshmohr:

Ahh- thats right… I use my BFSP troll to push it.

((I got my inspiration from your rules ^^))

Pyro Stick:

I would say the points cost is too high. No one will want to take it if it costs that much and also takes up a rare and a hero slot. Maybe a rare and a special would be better. And when its charged, instead of saying it cant attack in close combat, maybe it should be allowed to attack if charged from the front since it is armed with cannons at the front.

I think i might update my rules soon as well…

Joshmohr:

Perhaps, but i’d say that the only sutible way it can attack is “Running them over”…

The reason you cannot use any war machines in close combat is because it use’s a blast template, and causes the possibility of hitting the juggernaut.

Pyro Stick:

The reason you cannot use any war machines in close combat is because it use's a blast template, and causes the possibility of hitting the juggernaut.

Joshmohr
Not if the cannons used the flame template. For all we know, they could be flamethrowers.

Joshmohr:

Agreed. But not flame throwers, Ichor Spewers.

Pyro Stick:

Joshmohr
That doesnt make sense since the juggernaut doesnt eat/consume people like the hellcannon does.

Joshmohr:

Thats right, XD

Still, it may not be bushed by a boar centar, but powered by the agoney of 10,000 souls.

Willmark:

Joshmohr
That doesnt make sense since the juggernaut doesnt eat/consume people like the hellcannon does.

Pyro Stick
Of course if you made it daemonic powered it would work.

DeathRocketeer:

I’m not saying that the Juggernaut shouldn’t have a missile weapon mounted on it, but a Death Rocket or Bolt Thrower attached to it really wouldn’t be worth the extra points cost.

Since it is so powerful in CC, and has impact hits, you would want it to charge/engage an enemy unit ASAP.  Combine this with the fact that Death Rockets have a 12’’ minimum range, and the Bolt Thrower will only hit at best 50% of the time, and that once you get into CC you couldn’t fire, they would both go to waste.

Also, it might need to be toned down a bit, 600+ points for a single model is a lot (understatement), and the only other models I can think of even close to that are Greater Daemons (at 450 points before upgrades).  Once you add a character mount to the Juggernaut, you are looking at 800+ points, and in a normal 2000-2250 point game your army might not be particularly fun to play (except for the Juggernaut ;))  Not to mention a well aimed shot or two from a Great Cannon would effectively mean autoloss.

Edit: Missed the fact that it can’t attack in CC. Now it looks more like a mobile weapons platform. Also, does it really cause only one impact hit? Seems then that if you use it as a mobile weapons platform and keep it out of combat then it would easily be negated by charging it with even a weak flying unit.

wallacer:

You may want to stipulate how many people the Juggernaut can hold and what that number gets reduced to when you start putting bolt throwers or death rockets on it.

Also, maybe allow Sorcerors to buy it as a mount option like a Lammasu?