[Archive] My Kill Teams:Thousand Sons added 14 June 2019

Pappa Midnight:

I’ve just completed my first Kill Team “The Carrion Kings”. They are from the Death Guard box set with a couple of pox walkers I picked up cheap on Ebay.

The CARRION KINGS

FESTUS BILE  Leader    Plasma Pistol + Power fist  20pts

BUBONICUS  Fighter    Flail of Corruption  19pts     Combat

PROSTERNO  Gunner   Blight launcher 18pts           Heavy

MALIGNOR    Gunner   Plague Spewer 19 pts           Demolitions

PUTESCO      Marine    Icon of Despair  18pts          

PESTIS          Pox Walker    3pts

NEX               Pox Walker    3pts

Total 100pts

I have also completed a couple of spare marines to add to the command roster

I have really enjoyed painting these and have ordered more! I intend building quite an extensive command roster ( and might get back into 40k again…)

Any how, hope you like them. I will post more teams as I go.

Regards

PM

Admiral:

Wow! Exquisite paintjobs and tasteful shading as usual. The best of Nurgle!

Grimstonefire:

Loving the paint jobs, my only observation is that the one with the stomach tongue I think the tongue would stand out more if it was highlighted to pink?

TheHoodedMan:

Great work!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Pappa Midnight:

Thank you for the comments gents. I have been tied up with real life stuff recently but have just had a chance to have a painting blitz,

I have painted some alternatives for my Death Guard command roster ( and have started on some non-killteam Death Guard minis for fun!)

First up some “Easy build” minis to give me another blight launcher, a meltagun (conversion) and a plague marine champion with a plasmagun (conversion).

next up a plague marine with mace of contagion and bubotic axe, plague marine with plasma gun and a standard plague marine.

x3 standard plague marines

An alternative Icon of Despair

Not strictly “Kill Team” but I have also painted up a Hellbrute (conversion) and a bloat drone for use in 40k.

I am waiting on some more bits to make up a small 40k force as well as some Deathwatch minis to start a new Killteam with…

Regards

PM

Scar:

Awesome stuff! Love the OSL and rust effects very sweet!

Pappa Midnight:

Awesome stuff! Love the OSL and rust effects very sweet!

Scar
Thanks mate, glad you like them.

PM

Admiral:

Aye, this is exquisite rotten stuff!

Pappa Midnight:

I’ve been really enjoying painting these and have [/i]just completed some more Poxwalkers and a Foul Blightspawn to act as a commander for my Kill Team.

Pox Walkers

Foul Blightspawn

Again not strictly Kill Team but here’s a Noxious Blightbringer and a Plagueburst Crawler for 40K.

The Crawler has magnetised weapons for some variety!

I’m a bit disappointed that the Noxious Blightbringer isn’t listed as a Death Guard commander so I will probably house rule him.

Regards

PM

Bolg:

I ndont care for 40k much but a good paint job is still a god paint job… and this is way more that that…

the lighting from the plasma gun is just stunning. job well done sir!

(and keep those pictures coming)

Pappa Midnight:

After a massive break from the hobby I decided to get some paint down on some Thousand Sons for Kill Team.

I have both the “Commanders” supplement as well as “Elites” and decided to do an Exalted Sorcerer and some Scarab Occult Terminators. I still have some spare Rubrics to paint up as well as some Tzaangors which I should  be able to start on soon.

Any how here’s my collection so far:

Aspiring Sorcerer

Rubric Marines

Exalted Sorcerer ( complete with PM red paint job! )

I was going to field the “Official” Scarab Occult Terminators but couldn’t resist the “Egypt Sons” from Wargames Exclusive.

Terminator Sorcerer

Terminator with Soulreaper Cannon

Terminator with Heavy Warpflamer

Terminators (including Hellfyre Missile)

NOT Scarab Occult Terminators

When I’ve completed the rest of the Rubrics and the Tzaangors I’ll get stuck into my Deathwatch…

Hope you like them

PM

Admiral:

Wow, amazing painting as always! Lovely colours.

Uther the unhinged:

Beautifully painted. Can�?Tt wait to see the Tzaangors.

Grimstonefire:

I’m loving all the texture on the nurgle, and the pox walkers

Pappa Midnight:

Thanks gents. I’ve been really enjoying doing these. The Tzaangors will be started this weekend.

I also have some Blighlord Terminators primed ready to add some elites to my Death Guard…

Regards

PM