[Archive] My next project

Joshmohr:

I here by call it first! I thought of a great idea- Why not make a deff dread, but use a deff roller as legs? Ehh? My new deff dread will be ordered tonight, along with the deff roller kit and more dark eldar. Hopefully this idea will spark new ideas for my fellow ork players.

What do you all think of this idea?

Anonymouse:

So it’s more like a tank? Or would you take 2 rollers, so it looks like it’s balancing?

Joshmohr:

I thought that one would look pretty cool, and i could use it as a actual deff roller in SC’s. The two rollers idea sounds fantastic, but i dont think that it would fit on the base. I also considered putting it in the slots of the two lower arms, with the shrubby legs behind it.

Anonymouse:

How about raising/lowering 1 of the rollers to make it fit somewhat on the base?

The one roller (DeffRoller on steroids, methinks :P), how would you balance it? Won’t the Dread be top-heavy? If you have a photoshop-pic/drawing/whatever, maybe I can come up with more ideas (yes, I like to brainstorm :))

Joshmohr:

Hmm… I think that i’ll glue it to the deff dread base, but to begin with ill have to size it up, and trim it down to ensure that it fits “nice n’ proppa” to the dread. Now, i have thought of not just letting the dread balance on top of the roller, but maybe using the leggs, and having the roller extend in front of it.

Im not sure how big the deff roller is, but if i knew how big it was (From one end of the cylinder to the other) then I would be all set up.

Anonymouse:

Like a lawnmower from hell :slight_smile:

Now thát would be cool

Joshmohr:

haha, yeah. Its all ordered up, and now i play the oh so difficult waiting game…

Anonymouse:

Well, as soon as you got some pics, don’t hesitate to show them: looking forward to what you have in mind.

Joshmohr:

Will do. I expect it to be here Friday.