[Archive] My Other Distractions

Uther the unhinged:

Your skill level looks good to me! You can tell it will be great when finished.

boyfights:

Wow, there is some wonderful stuff in here! I really dig all of your SAGA stuff, that game looks great and your work is making me very tempted to get into it!

Fantastic swamp too, really nice job!

Abecedar:

Thanks everyone.

Sad to say my SAGA gear has sadly suffered from neglect. I blame my/our harsh taskmasters (CDO staff and the wife) for that.

Another small swampy update. Just part of my need to re-invigorate my game tables.

More reeds added and the beginnings of a dilapidated wharf in place

Jasko:

Thanks everyone.  
Sad to say my SAGA gear has sadly suffered from neglect.  I blame my/our harsh taskmasters (CDO staff and the wife) for that.

Another small swampy update.  Just part of my need to re-invigorate my game tables.
More reeds added and the beginnings of a dilapidated wharf in place

Abecedar
I very much like how it is coming together.

Admiral:

Yes, that swamp is tasty. Good work! If you buy some tiny modelling flowers to spice it up further, then I think it’d make all the detail layers pop beautifully. :slight_smile:

Abecedar:

Flowers is for Elvsessss.
When its a bit more done, I do have some coloured flocky stuff and I want to try to make the reeds look like bull-rushes

Abecedar:

Many years ago back in 2007 when I first started in this hobby,  I made some trees out of Baby Bottle Brushes.

Last week, I went to get them out of a box and sadly discovered that they are disintegrating

tjub:

Thats too bad… But on a positive hobby perspective its time for a new project then. :slight_smile:

Uther the unhinged:

Baby bottle brushes? Now that�?Ts an idea. Don�?Tt worry about the state of them just repurpose as fire damaged or Nurgle affected. I quite like the not perfect look .

Jasko:

Baby bottle brushes? Now that�?Ts an idea. Don�?Tt worry about the state of them just repurpose as fire damaged or Nurgle affected. I quite like the not perfect look .

Uther the unhinged
Exactly, that�?Ts the spirit! To be super honest I actually like them damaged a little better. The intact brushes look a little too regular for real trees. But the damaged ones pretty much look like burnt trees.

Jasko:

Flowers is for Elvsessss.

Abecedar
LOL

Abecedar:

Here is a AQMF (All Quiet on the Martian Front) swampy update

I think the pier has started to turn out okay

Admiral:

Looking rickety great!

Abecedar:

Here is a AQMF (All Quiet on the Martian Front) update for my new Pine Forest

Plastic card in the olde hexagon arrangement with ex-Xmas tree “trees”

Jasko:

Indeed, that pier turned out very nice!

And I like the pine forest. Is the hexagonal arrangement for modularization? Or does it have it’s roots (he he chuckles) in the game system?

Abecedar:

HaHa … roots.  Took me a few days but I get it now.
Definitely Modular, Pictures of the olde Mighty Empire Tiles in ancient White Dwarfs, was my inspiration.
Plans are to make more but with burnt trees etc, so that when the Martians Heat ray hits the trees they can be replaced with burnt out sections.
I do “want” to do to do the same for everything else I make for this game.

The forest as a whole, so far, measures 11"/280mm x 16"/410mm. Sorry but this one is blurry.

The trees are at their highest are 3.5"/90mm

Abecedar:

Here is an some updated pics on my first piece of swamp.

The pier is more green and black than I can get the photos to show

Admiral:

Good progress!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Nicodemus:

My fat fingers… I’d lose my mind within the first 30 seconds trying to maneuver these :wink:

tjub:

Looking good! How is All Quiet on the Martian Front, I thought that game kinda “broke down”?