[Archive] My Plague Claw Catapult (WIP)

Grimstonefire:

Finally I have done enough that I think it is worth showing you guys!

I’ve done a fairly major conversion of the bell here.

Notice the base as well, this was actually part of a dwarf road I built for a golden daemon entry I never finished.  I figured I could put it to good use here, given my army theme.  There is a miner coming up behind it laying blast charges.  :)

The chains onto the catapult arm will be glued on near the end, infact there are many parts here that I cannot attach or finish sculpting until everything is painted or undercoated.

Mario:

Its towering high eh, I think the ball it hurls looks great!

I really like the baseplate what an great idea with that bugger breaking thru. :slight_smile:

Snotling:

yeah, that’s pretty cool. It will look great, when it’s painted. The Skaven bell is a really cool model, what a pitty Chaos Dwarfs don’t use wood ^^

Joshmohr:

Love it… cant wait to see the finished pice

Hazkar:

wow,nice one

are there rules for that in the skaven army book?or is it a coun t as?

Grimstonefire:

There are some very nice rules. As far as I can tell it actually compares well to the lightning cannon thing.

To be honest though, I don’t intend to play with my skaven army. Infact although I’ve written a game legal 1000pt list to collect to I may just drop that and go with whatever I like (game legal or not).

clam:

Awesome, awesome job, Grim, I really like the wood work. Looking forwasd seeing this one painted :smiley:

… what a pitty Chaos Dwarfs don’t use wood ^^

Snotling
What are you talking abort ?? :stuck_out_tongue: The best - ever - chaos dwarf war machine is a all wooden Juggernaut Siege Tower. You should know that :wink:

slev:

Looks sweet. Might have to steal your method…

Snotling:

What are you talking abort ?? :P The best - ever - chaos dwarf war machine is a all wooden Juggernaut Siege Tower. You should know that ;)

clam
Hehehe Clam, we belong to different generations of Chaos Dwarfs... the only good use for wood is to burn it! :mask Sweet cold metal, that is all I want...
... there aren't many trees in the plains of Zharr anyways :D

Thorne:

Awch ! biig scary catapult ! I must say I in awe of your skills bud, Must show us all when its painted !

Grimstonefire:

If anyone is interested I’ve done a fairly long tutorial here (or as close as I can make it a tutorial having built it already).