[Archive] my sneaky gitz

m3lvin:

Well, here’s my take on the sneaky gitz!

based them on some early sketches I made about 2 years ago, that looked like this:

I’ve been building these from time to time the past week, and now I’m done with converting 20 of them.

group picture

first rank

…second

…third

and fourth.

here some more pics:

(poor quality pictures, sorry.)

(and btw, the stuff on the blades… It’s not blood, nor poop, its actually venom! :sick)

:cheers

/melv

Canix:

Very nice simple conversions.The plague monk bodies are a good fit shame they could have more accentuated humps but thats just me :hat off

Easy worth half a slave each

Snikkers:

Sweet idea. The parts are easy to find and it looks great. Nice work :hat off

Did u have to do much cutting to make it all fit?

tjub:

They look good, pretty much the same idea Ive had for mine once I get back to CDs again… Well done!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Awesome work! Love to see these guys painted up!

Da Crusha:

(and btw, the stuff on the blades.... It's not blood, nor poop, its actually venom! :sick)

/melv

m3lvin
HAHa thats a good one:) sweet looking conversions!

Ghost:

wow they look good and the best thing is you could make 20 of them for the price of 1 original from Essexgirl LOL

-Ghost

Loki:

Great conversion work, they look awesome :slight_smile:

clam:

Awesome conversion, m3lvin. I love the Plague Monk conversion for Hobgoblins - it’s simple but effective - and you did a wonderful job on that boss.

No plans for a standard bearer and musician?

And, any chance we might see these painted soon?

m3lvin:

thanks everyone for the nice comments :hat off,

and Canix thanks for the slaves! they will surely be put to use. :cheers

Snikkers: I did some cutting on the feets, so their boots wouldn’t be too big.

I made some cutting on the arms, but I mainly used greenstuff to pose them. The heads with hoods up was a good fit from start, I just used plastic glue, the other ones needed some greenstuff.

(I also cut away the fur on their arms, and the tails. but thats pretty obvious :D.)

Clam: I actually left one of the arms on the model to the right of the champion unglued, It’s just blu-tac’ed on the photos.

Thats because I haven’t decided yet if I will use a standard or not, I’ll guess I have to play-test them first.

/melv

Crube:

They are really well done m3lvin, Be great to see them all painted too :wink:

Baggronor:

Nice job :slight_smile: Makes me wish I finished mine!

The venom is a nice touch too, should look obviously like venom when painted up. Maybe a touch of gloss varnish on it too.

Zanko:

Great conversions! :hat off

They look fantasic in my eyes! I like the idea with the venom on the blades! :cheers

Really love them, I´m curious to see them painted!

:hashut

Kera foehunter:

Great group of snekies! great green stuff work

squig1:

i would of used night runners myself

Scion:

They look quite good, I was wondering what the stuff on the blade was, then found it. That’s an awful lot of venom on that thing :). Can never be to sure with those Dwarves!!

Perturabo:

These are really good. The GS work is great, especially on the boss.

Have some slaves!

The Brain:

They really look awsome. are the monk bodies and goblin heads the only bits you used.

m3lvin:

The Brain: yup, plauge monk bodies/ arms, and heads from common and old night goblins.

I used some pouches from the plaguemonk and old night goblin sprues to add details,. but everything else, except the things mentioned above, are achieved by greenstuff.

Perturabo: thanks for the slaves, I appreciate it :hat off

/melv

Hazkar:

nice and simple conversion…like the look

maybe i´ll “steal” this idea…some day…when i start my sneaky gitz