[Archive] My take on evil dwarfs

veso:

Hello again to those who might have missed my long introduction post! For the last few months I have been playtesting a new skirmish-style miniature game. As I am partially in charge with the concept design for some of the factions I have been dabbling with the idea of sculpting and casting a small quantity of miniatures based off of my ideas. I was wondering if anybody would be interested in helping me in any way, and if I should go all out with the sculpting or perhaps just sculpt a few conversion kits for people to use in their own creations.
Anyway here are some initial sketches we have drawn up, although I am thinking of taking them to a more medieval direction as opposed to the current exaggerated fantasy look. I was thinking of adding facemasks and helms very similar to the armor of the Russian steppes people

Without sidetracking here are some concepts we’ve come up with so far:

Warriors and ranged infantry:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Some head variations:

Warrior hero:

Ranged:

Mountain King:

All feedback is more than welcome, I hope you like my basic sketches. This project is just getting started and I will be showing the progress as the concept clears up and grows over time.

DAGabriel:

Sketches are interesting, am really interested how this will develop.

veso:

The game is generally a random generated campaign consisting of a string of small skirmish battles and quests where each character develops, finds items - very similar to Diablo but for the table top. As of this faction I am going for something slightly different than GW, as I do also like D&D’s duergar. Anyway any thoughts would be more than welcome!